Discuss Costing work in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

R

Ross Trician

Hello all,

I have done a few rewires and also some new installation work in extensions etc.

what I was wondering is how you chaps price for work. I have heared various ways of pricing from comuch per socket, X £'s per circuit etc. Also if you give a price of say £3000 for a rewire and you then end up doing additional work, how do you charge for the extra work? day rate?

thanks, Ross.

The way I do it is to cost my hourly rate £30 and then bung a bit on top for contingency. I also put around 40% mark up on materials too.

I was thinking of pricing it on a day rate times number of days expected to do work, Labour only and then add materials onto day rate total.

only thing with this is that people seem to be quoting about 2500-3000 for a 3 bed semi yet I dont think there is a weeks work in it.

I dont want to rip anyone of but also want to charge the going rate, if that makes sense....

I do the same, charge a day rate + materials. Then about 20-30% on top to allow handling fee and any **** ups. Extras get done the same way, or if it minor work I charge per socket etc

my free e mail took a couple of days i think i had to wait over the weekend so i dont think its an automatic thing

but once i got it attached was the free estimating software itself just open and install

it works from the web to see the catalouges if the dvd isnt in the drive

then they will send you the dvd with all the catalouges on it

i have been registered for 2 weeks and have allready had 2 free dvds sent me because they had an update on the siemens range

a word of warning though one job i quoted off it the gear came to £136 and when i went to the wholesaler it cost me 44 quid i still won the job so i was made up but if you wanna go tight on a quote best to check prices with the supplier maybe

but.... if you are an expert with this free programme i think you can set it all up with your suppliers prices and discounts etc gimme time i might work it out

either way it suits me you can print off so many things when your free quotes finished like all different versions for customers (prices on labour on or just final price)versions for your own records with discounts on etc and purchase orders to take to the supppliers

10/10 from me and....did i mention its free :D:D

Hi

Can someone post a link to the elektrika website. I can't find it via google for some reason. . .. thx in advance

Reply to Costing work in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock