Discuss Countrywide Repairs Agency - Possible Scam? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Afternoon, i've just been contacted by Countrywide Repairs, they're offering a contract of 350 EICR's in my area to be completed within a year. My worry is there is a contract fee of £3500. Has anyone had any experience with this company?

350 in a year?

Take off your holidays, weekends, the odd sick day…. That leaves you no time for any other jobs.

Even if they were all identical, empty, one bed flats with no issues…..
I suppose, if you just drove by…. And filled in the sheets from the van…?

So we have Countrywide Repairs LTD did a search on companies house and found this

I recognised the registered address from the past and ............

It is also the address an old scam from the past on here Nationwide Home Works LTD

Both companies registered at the same address but have different directors

So we have Countrywide Repairs LTD did a search on companies house and found this

I recognised the registered address from the past and ............

It is also the address an old scam from the past on here Nationwide Home Works LTD

Both companies registered at the same address but have different directors
I knew it! just needed it confirmed. cheers for the info!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-17 at 20.25.39.png
    231.7 KB · Views: 14
Had this email regarding this.

Good Morning,

This email is regarding a forum on your website about our business. We are countrywide repairs, a sister company of countrywide estate agents and we are involved in maintenance and certification of property's across the UK.

We are unsure as of why but there appears to be a forum on your site regarding our business and some kind of contract, this is entirely completely false as we do not offer contracts out, we entirely complete our works in house, and furthermore comments of the nature around "scam" are entirely untrue and defamation of character.

We are looking to resolve this matter as this negative press has started to effect our business as our current clients are contacting us in question of our practices.

Please contact myself so we can sort this

thanks
Alistair King
Operations Manager
Countrywide Estate and Countrywide Repairs

I'll mark this post as the solution for this thread so it can be accessed instantly. I'll do some cleaning up of the word Scam (if in future you can use other words, it'd help when it comes to threads like this, thanks).

Also for those visiting this thread in the future, worth perhaps visiting the following thread also.

Last edited:
There are or have been at least 270,000 Companies listed at the Registered address shown the Companies House link above.
It's the offices of a Formation / Holding / Forwarding company.
Companies listing it as it's Registered address and their Directors are not necessarily linked in any way.

My Son uses another address in London where there are or have been over 100,000 companies registered.

What needs to be established is is the company mentioned in the O.P trading falsely as Countrywide Repairs (or a similar name) or are they just using the name to obtain monies by false pretences.

That could be the case mate. Apparently this one the OP spoke of rang him. But the person emailing says their company doesn't ring anybody, they have their sister company who does all their work so they wouldn't ring anybody.

So perhaps just too many similar names, and often using accountants address or whatever.

I have had a call from these guys, done digging around the company house number matches the paperwork sent but things that flagged up to me,

Only been in business a few months,
No one I have spoken to seem to exist on Facebook or LinkedIn,
This thread,
No company website
No proof they actually exist anywhere

Are they definitely a scam ?

Reply to Countrywide Repairs Agency - Possible Scam? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net