Discuss DALI Emergency Lighting Automated testing via a control system in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hey, with regards to DALI Emergency Lighting Automated testing via a control system, does anyone know how best to overcome a fitting that is reporting...

'Duration test max. delay exceeded'

This is preventing the DALI EM fitting from carrying out its requested 3-hour Duration test. Batteries are fully charged and have even been swapped from other fittings that passed their test just to be sure. I have about 300 fittings and 40 of them are reporting this and I just can't find any info on how to get past it. Gut feeling is the fittings may not be fully DALI EM compliant but this is hard to prove.

What is frustrating is I can do a manual witness test and they do pass 3 hours Duration test with no problem, yet they still report this message to the system.

Regards, Mike

Hello Mike,
your gut feeling is correct, many DALI devices are programmed from Factories where the QC is passed but the Full coding has not been entered.....
Sometime even samples are sent out this way and other take and install..
You will need to interrogate the drivers with software , like Tridonic master configurator and see what been set and what hasn't

Reply to DALI Emergency Lighting Automated testing via a control system in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I tested a self test emergency lighting with three gears .While testing 2 of the gear doesn't passed 3 hour test but 1 Did Wit the same battery ?Why?
Replies
Views
I have recently passed my Fire Alarm and Emergency Lighting Training and have been approached by a friend with regards to Assessing the Emergency...
Replies
Views
The Ghost
T
I am currently doing a 3 hour duration test in Selfridges for the em lighting. When I turn off the mcbs the emergency lighting does not activate...
Replies
Views
Squid
S
D
Hello professionals out there! This is my first question on this forum. I am not a professional and have no electrical qualifications. I have a...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 110823
D
  • Article
ElectriciansOnCall are a Kent's premier and most accredited electrical contractor covering all CT and ME postcode areas. From changing a faulty...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock