Discuss design info for building controll & niceic assessor in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

kung

Hi all
Just a quick question with regards to the design cryteria thats required for building control and niceic assessor. I did hear if you copy somthing out of i think its onsite guide and laminate this they exept it is this true or is it you have to design on a4 paper drawings with calcs included of your install ? if so with a new cu as well as the cu do you also include calcs for all circuits etc ?
any advice ?
Regards
Tony.

Must admit that although its part of the 'procedure', I have never been asked for it.

Thanks Jason
Thats what i thought but ive spoke to LABC who said on notification of my major job for assessment he'd charge me £125 if i produce my qualifications he'd be happy to take these as prof of comp and need to see my design criteria and even if i didnt pass assessment the NIC assessor will sign job off so thats covered.
I know the design info is in the back of O.S.G so will be ok to do drawings with all calcs eg cable selection, voltage drop, protection etc etc but didnt want to do overkill if not required and less than this will be adiquate.
Regards
Tony.

Reply to design info for building controll & niceic assessor in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock