Discuss Diversity allowance on sockets based on OSG in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi,
Reading the on-site guide it’s states for socket outlets appendix A table A2 row 9 that 32A ring sockets in an office it can be 100% of the largest circuit and then 50% of the remaining circuits.

However I have came across a calculation were the original designer has assumed that they know what will be used on the sockets ( pc’s) in this case and has calculated diversified current based on this.

Has anyone else came across this before ? I am thinking g this is not in line with the guide.

Thanks

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
but the guide was written when computers had valves inside.

Andy78

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
I very rarely use the OSG to help with design calcs. It is a wise designer who uses the actual connected loads to base decisions around.

telectrix

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
i've never designed a "wise" how do you do it?:D:D:D:D.

T

The Ghost

It is made clear that it is purely guidance and it is very much up to the engineer doing the installation design to determine loads and diversity.

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!

Reply to Diversity allowance on sockets based on OSG in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
Top Bottom