Discuss Do Regs allow power socket in an enclosed bathroom vanity unit? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR).
they have provided what you asked for.

And if the inspection is only for the homeowner's peace of mind, it's entirely up to them what actions they take about recommendations made in the report. I'd expected this to be a prospective rental property.

Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR).
they have provided what you asked for.
Yes, I figured the EICR was to document the results of the testing. But it seems that a landlord needs an EICR and a house seller might want one, but neither of those situations apply to us at the moment.

And if the inspection is only for the homeowner's peace of mind, it's entirely up to them what actions they take about recommendations made in the report. I'd expected this to be a prospective rental property.
Right, which is why I was very surprised about how insistent he was about the socket being blanked off. Each time I told him that he was not to do any work in there, he pushed harder for me to allow him to do it. This has been a learning experience, to say the least.

Right, which is why I was very surprised about how insistent he was about the socket being blanked off. Each time I told him that he was not to do any work in there, he pushed harder for me to allow him to do it. This has been a learning experience, to say the least.

While I would recommend replacing it with a fused spur - into which nothing could be plugged - it's your decision as the homeowner. Your electrician can make recommendations, but can not force you to act upon them.

Edit: While I'm surprised that an electrician would think to check for accessories behind a bathroom cabinet, I would guess that they noticed the toilet seat and searched for its point of isolation.

Reply to Do Regs allow power socket in an enclosed bathroom vanity unit? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net