Discuss Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

@LewisM ,

I think they are LAP accessories, I've had to fit them in the past (customer supplied). They look to be a near perfect match of the current ones but having just looked, I'm not sure that finish/insert combination is still available.

Edit: If I had to have a punt on the finish name, I'd go for polished black nickel with black inserts, which I vaguely recall seeing in the catalogues a few years ago, but as I say, I've just had a look and it doesn't appear they have a suitable match currently.
I nearly said Screwfix but wasn’t sure enough.

I remember the time we replaced all the sockets above the kitchen worktops with IP rated ones as the cats kept peeing on them which tripped the RCD.
Direct wet contact might make 'em jump a bit. I wonder if a 30mA device would be enough to save 'em?
I've seen and heard of a few different animals come to electrical grief in the past......but never a puddy cat.

Direct wet contact might make 'em jump a bit. I wonder if a 30mA device would be enough to save 'em?
I've seen and heard of a few different animals come to electrical grief in the past......but never a puddy cat.
I don't know but as we were leaving a cat with diarrhoea was sat on the dining table relieving its bowels onto the carpet below.

I don't know but as we were leaving a cat with diarrhoea was sat on the dining table relieving its bowels onto the carpet below.

Lovely!
Sounds like members of the England football team playing their dressing room games twenty odd years ago...

Were you wearing your mask at the time? Perhaps you just scared the ---- out of the poor cat :)

More crazy going on toady, recently we did some work in a one bedroom flat (fire damage), the damage was in the kitchen, hall and bathroom only, the bderoom and living room were fine.

The original cabling was from the 70's, we used to call it aircon cable (maybe it was used on air conditioning units), its like a thick black sleeve with singles inside it, almost like an oversized T&E cable but the idea was you could pull new wires through it at a later date, it even had a bit where you could nail through it to attach it. All these cables was buried in the solid floors and ceilings so there wasn't much you could do with it.

So the only way it could be re-wired was to batten down the ceiling and run the cables in that space which we had to do, I said look, this place needs a complete re-wire, if you batten and board the living room and bedroom I can do a complete re-wire and do away with the old wires completely but they wouldn't have it so I had to try and adapt what was there with copious amounts of wagos and boxes, didn't like doing it at all. we first fixed and left it a few weeks. When we returned today to 2nds fix what we had done this is what the living room and bedroom looked like.

Before the padsaw

IMG_20231212_093413_860.jpg

IMG_20231212_144623_163.jpg

After the padsaw
IMG_20231212_144852_100.jpg

IMG_20231212_151702_803.jpg

Mental.

Pretty much the norm in older farm outbuildings. I could have taken hundreds of pics like this over the last few decades.

That's exactly where it was. If I'd been able to post uncropped images you could have seen how everything around this was absolutely soaked from rain leaking in, yet through sheer blind luck (and certainly not design) both junction and lamp holder remained dry. Power (with not insubstantial draw) and lights running off about 80m of 2.5 T&E, with the whole lot fed from a 13A plug.

Reply to Dodgy trade pictures for your amusement! - 1 Million Views! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock