SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Double plug socket not working... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi all,

I woke up this morning to find a double plug socket in the kitchen is not working at all however every other plug in the house is fine, and nothing has tripped etc...

I have turned of the mains to the whole house and check behind the plug for anything obvious and all seems fine, no lose wires etc.....

I was thinking to replace the face of the socket next? I assume this is fine to do (like for like)

Thanks

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available
B

Bobster

Hi all,

I woke up this morning to find a double plug socket in the kitchen is not working at all however every other plug in the house is fine, and nothing has tripped etc...

I have turned of the mains to the whole house and check behind the plug for anything obvious and all seems fine, no lose wires etc.....

I was thinking to replace the face of the socket next? I assume this is fine to do (like for like)

Thanks
You're going to need to call out an electrician.

I presume you don't own any test gear?

It may be the face plate, but unlikely. Could just be a waste of money swapping it.

There maybe a member on here close by.

Could be a joint loose somewhere, a fuse in a spur failed etc..

Hi all,

Thanks
Have you got a socket adapter you can pop in it? It may give you a little more info as to whats wrong (ie could be a missing neutral so the socket is still live but not working). If you're not a sparks approach with caution as you don't know why its gone off yet

Pete999

-
Arms
Esteemed
I assume you're telling me to search for it? I did try looking but I havent found a direct answer....
here is a direct answer, hire a competent Electrician to test and repair the fault. Think that was mentioned in the original thread as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks all.
Found the issue in the end, found a second bad socket and then found the fuse spur.
Cleaned the contacts of the fuse in the spur and all is well again.

ruston

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
dates back to when fag packets had decent foil. complying to regs.
Me old man with his twenty packets of John Players untipped , took three packs with him to work every night , 12+ hours usually , just a few safety ones left in the morning.

MDJ

-
Mentor
Arms
Esteemed
Hi all,

Thanks
The fact you even asked this question has set off the alarm bells, gasp and double gasp

Wetroom Store - Network Wetroom Suppliers

Reply to Double plug socket not working... in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Top Bottom