Discuss Double unswitched socket 13 Amp meets 17th edition? in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bbos360

Hi,

I hope somebody can shed some light on this. I have bought an entire range of sockets/switchers/dimmers for a complete house renovation. In this rang the double sockets are labelled as "Double unswitched socket 13 amp" the reverse of the packaging states "Complies with British Standard BS 1363 pt2".

In order for me to comply 100% with current standards and get a certificate on comepltion can I use the sockets (do they meet 17th edition standards?)

Item can be viewed here;
Homebase - Make a House a Home

Any advise greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance

Reply to Double unswitched socket 13 Amp meets 17th edition? in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Hello, Yet to dip my toe in EV and have been trying to avoid it to be honest. But have just been presented with a situation and just wanted to...
Replies
Views
The double 13 amp socket which we use to power the TV and recorder has tripped the RCD. The only change to the wiring was the installation of the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 26818
D
I know how I was taught to test a RCD, 6 tests in all two no go, two under 300 mS and 2 under 40 mS with no load. But thinking about it not so...
Replies
Views
R
As part of an ongoing renovation (bought a house with "some internal upgrading required" but we knew what we were in for) we're fitting a new...
Replies
Views
anton1210
A

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock