Discuss Earth fault ? in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

H

homesafe

Wired a house about 5 months ago and just doing certificate, 16MM Tails 16MM earth (I no i can use 10mm earth) ,When I plug loop tester in im getting two green lights as normal 239volts but a reading 0f 13.51!!,I am thinking its a supply fault am i right,Checked my earth from meter to consumer unit and thats fine,Any ideas:mad: They did move the meter about 5 meters or so...

The builder who is also a friend has knocked down his bungalow and built a new one in its place in his spare time,its took him 2 years,he dosnt live in it,but now its nearly complete he wants it signing off along with his corgi,Is that ok with you,If you cant answer the question why just not bother commenting,and yes it is to 17th reg editions with a dual rcd board that i fitted 3 days ago,the bathroom light is on its own circuit,and what sort of comment is why have you only used 16mm tails,! because they dont need to be 25mm,read your regs book mate,I aint a cowboy I take my work very seriously,Just wanted some advice....:eek:

i am aware u dont need 25 m tails in my book its good practice to fit 25 not 16 but its your job not mine
back to the point i take it the reading is the ze
have you checked that its not snaged on the insulation and conections are tight also that your clip on the tester is not losse or knackerd if this is all ok then you may need to call the power supplier to call out to check there systhem
what systhem of eath is it

The builder who is also a friend has knocked down his bungalow and built a new one in its place in his spare time,its took him 2 years,he dosnt live in it,but now its nearly complete he wants it signing off along with his corgi,Is that ok with you,If you cant answer the question why just not bother commenting,and yes it is to 17th reg editions with a dual rcd board that i fitted 3 days ago,the bathroom light is on its own circuit,and what sort of comment is why have you only used 16mm tails,! because they dont need to be 25mm,read your regs book mate,I aint a cowboy I take my work very seriously,Just wanted some advice....:eek:

Hi
Welcome to the house of fun ,we need players like you ,opinionated :eek:

Is the high Zs reading on all circuits, i.e on both RCD sides of cu because in the past I have come across high impeadance through a RCD for some reason.

i am aware u dont need 25 m tails in my book its good practice to fit 25 not 16 but its your job not mine
back to the point i take it the reading is the ze
have you checked that its not snaged on the insulation and conections are tight also that your clip on the tester is not losse or knackerd if this is all ok then you may need to call the power supplier to call out to check there systhem
what systhem of eath is it

its TNC S it all looks fine,meter is only about 1 meter from consumer unit all tight and leads working fine everywere else so i really think its the suppliers end.Thanks for advice

Reply to Earth fault ? in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net