Discuss Earth leakage tester in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Nice timing, I was about to post the same question :)
I have a Kaise SK7815 (no longer required) for sale if you are interested not used but has been in my store for some time case and Voltage leads as well PM me if you are interested

Kewtech is a good price, but doesn't look so good for low leakage currents.

I bought the Di-log one from TLC. I asked the same question about a year ago I think it was and went for this one as I needed it starightaway for a tripping RCD fault. It's been fine and have used it quite a bit, the only problem is the jaws could do with being wider.

I think it's basically the same internals as the Metrel and Handyman but they have wider jaws.

I have a GMC-1 PROSyS CP41,which i picked up at a show stand several years back,it has a DC function,which makes it ideal for some of my work,as measurement of AC and DC on the same equipment,is essential.

It proved to be very accurate,in various experiments,and i checked it out online,to find out it should have cost £270+

The story is,i asked at a stand selling various test meters,if they had an earth leakage device,and the young fella searched about,finally producing this neat little thing,from under the counter.

It looked trick,and i asked how much. He searched about,and finally said "about £70",i said i'll have it,and that was that.

I now suspect ,that he found "270.00" wrote somewhere,and MAY have thought the "2",was a "£"....

I have never stole a thing in my life,but i got no receipt,and do not remember who the outfit was....

Long-winded story,but in short,if i lost it,i would give the proper money,for another,as it does the business.

If your looking for a really inexpensive meter for earth leakage the uni t ut210e sells for around £32 on ebay and amazon, it as a res of 1ma on the 2A setting, it does both ac & dc.

This write up on the eev blog is a good read on the 210e

A look at the Uni-T UT210E - Page 1 - http://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/a-look-at-the-uni-t-ut210e/

I'm not too sure how long the meter will last before packing in with it been such a low priced meter if used on a daily/regular basis but for occasional use maybe ok.

Reply to Earth leakage tester in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net