Discuss ECS membership advice - with domestic installer training and associated courses... in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

smiley1609

Hi Guys,

at 39 Yrs old, and with redundancy looming... I am currently studying for a new career in electrical. I come from a background of more than 15 yrs in the electronics industry and when I was a younger student I have previously *Passed* an ONC in electrical and electronic engineering, as well as an HNC in electronic engineering.

More recently, I have completed my domestic installer VRQ level 2 course, and next week I am studying C&G2382 17th edition regulations. I plan to also study the new C&G2395 course early next year for inspection and test. I don't have a massive amount of practical experience at the moment, but hope to work with a local domestic electrical company as a voluntary apprentice for a couple of months to gain some practical experience.

So there are many conflicting information sources available about what this group of courses will allow me to carry out. The domestic work is of course the main possible outcome, and I am aware that I am able to join a competent body scheme with these courses.

I have done some research into ECS / JIB registration, and from their application guidelines, it would appear that without the approved apprenticeship scheme, that I maybe not eligible to apply for a gold card membership ? Does anyone have any experience of applying for an ECS card with the same group of qualifications ? Has anyone ever been refused an ECS card through lack of the apprenticeship requirement ?

Any information of your experiences would be much appreciated :)

Kind Regards
Smiley :)

Reply to ECS membership advice - with domestic installer training and associated courses... in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net