Discuss ECS, NICEIC and JIB farce in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Existing Qualified supervisors do not need to do a NVQ lv3 only new registrants will be required to hold the qual or similar
But i heard they are bringing in a DI NVQ for part P
as for the approved contractor under the NIC not sure

In other words another bl00dy mess

LOL yep and more ways to scam people out of money
I now have 2382-10 2377, 2393, 2391, 2330 lv3 and hopefuly will be finished with the NVQ shortly
none of the newer quals are anything like the old apprenticeships jsut wish i had completed mine then wouldnt have had to pay a fortune to do the above buy all the books, registering and all the costs associated with that

I have said it before this situation is out of control and the Schemies are looking at short term profit and before anybody says do they know whats going on with regards to comments like this on this forum of course they do I have no doubt they lurk and I would equate them to a drug dealer where they get you hooked on their badge and then screw you for all you have it will take several deaths for anything to get done and as I have said I am not against people who want to learn but this is a serious business and there is no way tou can do it in 6 weeks or 6 months I served 4 years plus 2 years to gain my approved now I am not asking for that to return but a minimum of 2 years I would say for domestics ie single phase working.

We know the system is not working when you get guys coming on the forum to say they are registered but cannot figure out the basics so this is not a pop at these guys call me cynical but this carry on in my view of registration is getting a bit like the Federation of Master Builders ie its not worth the paper its written on

That 2382 multi guess to upgrade 16th to 17th, the course runner announced i had got "100%".

Yes it was that easy

I am amazed at this tick box mentality or in other words you give us £500 and you will pass we get 100% pass rate and then we can sell live the dream and earn £50k a year by training up as an electrician in 6weeks

Marky the problem is that the JIB are getting swamped with guys who have the qualifications but just no experience and some of the posts on the forum endorse that when they say well I have bagged my 17th,2391.2377, how do I go about getting my JIB card or in other words how can I frig the system and i am sure you will agree that electricity is dangerous plus the Electrical Trainee debate does not help I have been in the trade 37 years and yes I am still learning so I think JIB are correct in asking for supportive evidence plus it does not help that the individual does not keep a written log book stating what he or she has done and when and who for .

Read more: http://www.electriciansforums.net/business-related/59208-ecs-niceic-jib-farce-3.html#ixzz24qvWt7R1

I couldnt agree more. But now you dont earn your site experience on site as you did before, now you can do it in the college!! at least before you were trained up properly over two years of site work. I mean what on earth is the point of the NVQ system where by the trainee has to write down all the materials used, where the job was, how long it took, what tools were involved, photo's, who was there, what you had in the cafe, what pants you were wearing..........

theres no proof that the trainee even did the work!

The fact that a QS cant get an approved card is utterly preposterous> this is where the JIB should be talking to the Schemies to agree middle ground. in makes a farce of the criterior for becoming a QS.

Last edited:
The fact that a QS cant get an approved card is utterly preposterous> this is where the JIB should be talking to the Schemies to agree middle ground. in makes a farce of the criterior for becoming a QS.

Not sure your logic stacks up there.
The NIC and JIB are completely seperate organisations and have no obligation to accept each others standards.
Just because your deemed worthy of QS status with a scheme doesnt mean you will meet the criteria of approved spark with the JIB.
Likewise an approved spark may not be automatically granted QS for whatever reasons that the scheme may want to uphold.

Sorry if i didnt explain myself.

When he first applies, a potential QS needs to have certain qualifications before the application is taken any further. Once this criterior is acheived then a visit is arranged and the inspecting engineer assesses not only a number of jobs but more importantly the technical abilities of the applicant. This involves assessing his/ her work and conseqently his/ her competance at the work, and his/ her competence in testing and understanding of the regs.

This is not a one off as it happens every year that the QS is registered with the relevant body.

Therefore by definition, the QS is constantly assessed on his technical ability and therefore is in no need of the one off AM1 or AM2 or NVQ.

Sorry if i didnt make that clearer.

Reply to ECS, NICEIC and JIB farce in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock