Discuss EICR Test and tips thank in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
First periodic test since doing my 18th edition top up months ago and I don’t have it t hand. So until I get home to have a nose and realise this question is ridiculous I need reminding.

3 circuits (lights x 2 and boiler ) are not on an RCD. The installation is over 10 years old as the last inspection date was 2006.
Do I -
- Record this as an action.
-Modify to existing regs and put them on an RCD.
- Do nothing as at time of install it was ok.

Thank you gents

First periodic test since doing my 18th edition top up months ago and I don’t have it t hand. So until I get home to have a nose and realise this question is ridiculous I need reminding.

3 circuits (lights x 2 and boiler ) are not on an RCD. The installation is over 10 years old as the last inspection date was 2006.
Do I -

Thank you gents
Regulations are not retrospective Scott.

You state it as fact, additional rcd protection not provided.

Lights on an RCD in dwellings are a requirement now,so should be coded accordingly (most likely code 3) boilers are not, unless there is another reason such as installation method. Do not fall into the trap of thinking everything must be on an RCD .

As above, you will have an observation for AC final circuit supplying luminaires in domestic (household) premises not protected by a 30mA RCD.

You will also likely have a similar observation for cables concealed within a wall at a depth of less than 50mm not protected by a 30mA RCD.

Do I -

Thank you gents

Remember a inspection report is a snap shot in time and only observational findings and rudimentary testing

You do not start alterations or remedies until ‘after’ you have compiled your report

So no you don’t alter anything during the eicr

Another factor to consider is circuits, including lighting, in the bath/shower room. According to the Electrical Safety Council's Best Practice Guide 4, they need to be RCD protected, or full supplementary bonding needs to be in place, otherwise it's a C2.

Reply to EICR Test and tips thank in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock