Discuss Elecsa EIC form in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

J

jools p

Yesterday I added a new circuit to en-suite shower room for a blow heater. So I filled in an Elecsa electrical installation certificate. In the section under K (schedule of items inspected), do I tick the boxes in relation to what I've done or do I have to spend an hour climbing in and out of lofts and cupboards checking all the existing installation for stuff like erection methods, proximity of non electrical services and other influences.

This form filling is so time consuming and the only person interested in whats been written is your assesso,r once a year.

1 hour doing the job. 2 hours filling in the form.

Is it me?....

Hey.

Your Eic only covers the work you've done, not the existing. Just put down exactly what you've done in the extent covered box and your covered.

Obviously if you come accross anything bad on your travels then you can note this in comments on existing installation box.

Hope this helps.

Thanks loony for that. I kinda thought that but it helps that its confirmed by somebody else.

Reply to Elecsa EIC form in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock