Discuss ElectriciansForums.net Recipe and General Food Lovers Thread! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Lou

Staff member
Admin
Esteemed
Reaction score
Everyone loves food! So to stop always hijacking the good morning thread I've made our own place to chat and drool about food! Recipes, photos or just general foodie stuff all welcome here!

So, I didn't end up making my sausage pasta last night, I'm going to do it tonight! Here's the (very loose) recipe!.

Pasata usually one and a half boxes, peppers, onions and garlic all in a pan so it it's like a ragu. Takes about 20 mins to reduce down.

Whilst thats simmering cook sausages and when they are done, cut up the sausage put it in the sauce and mix the cooked pasta in with it.

I use caramelised red onion sausages!

TL;DR
New cooking thread, post your recipes and photos here!
oooh a cookery Page, tonight is chinese takeaway night so no cooking, however I am doing sirloin steak Diane sauce, large field mushrooms triple cooked chips and will have a piece of crusty bread with it tomorrow, a change from a roast which I do most weeks. I am a gravy lover though so my dinners are hardly seen as they are smouthered but I will stick a photo up when I work out how to get them onto my lap top, my IPhone is broken and thats where my photos are but I will have a go at getting something up.

as I say I love my Gravy, next time I do a roast I will do a before gravy flood as it is hard to see smothered lol

Attachments

• roast1.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 11
  • roast2.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 10
  • roast3.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 16
I love gravy too being a yorkshire girl lol. Have to have lashings of the stuff!! Here is above mentioned sausage pasta!

1000013737.jpg

Everyone loves food! So to stop always hijacking the good morning thread I've made our own place to chat and drool about food! Recipes, photos or just general foodie stuff all welcome here!
Well, hello…..

IMG_3389.jpeg
IMG_3390.jpeg
IMG_3391.jpeg

The Aussie asked for pie yesterday. I think this qualifies.

Chicken and Leek, smokey bacon, tarragon, in proper shortcrust pastry. Served with mash and peas, naturally.

Wow did you make the pastry or do the ready made stuff?

I'm guessing you made it!

Wow did you make the pastry or do the ready made stuff?

I'm guessing you made it!
Made.

500g grams flower, 250g of butter (the proper stuff), 1tsp salt. That's it.

Use cold, clean, finger tips to rub it together until you get something resembling breadcrumbs then add a few drops of very cold water at a time until it just comes together into a ball.

Roll out about an inch thick, wrap in cling film, stick in the fridge for an hour before estimating how much to roll out to suit the size of your dish bottom/sides in one piece, rolled to about 3mm thick on a lightly floured surface. Lightly grease the sides of your dish (keeping the wrapper from the butter is ideal for doing this) and gently press into place - the more you mess with pastry the tougher it gets when you bake it so plan ahead and be quick.

Use a fork to ----- air holes into the base (that stops it from bubbling off the bottom) before pouring in your filling, roll out your top to also 3mm thick and lay over, pressing/crimping the edges together firmly. Put a few slice in with a sharp knife to let the steam out before brushing with egg/milk wash*

Put onto a tray that has already gotten hot in a pre-heated oven at around 170℃ / 160℃ fan (this allows the pastry on the bottom to start baking straight away so you don't get a soggy bottom) and leave for around 30mins until golden. If you're using a pie dish then you can dig in straight away, if you've used a spring former like I did here then it needs to cool for a few minutes for the pastry to pull away from the sides.

*Don't throw out the leftover eggwash - mix it into your mash potato!

Great tip for the eggwash!

Today I need home remedies for super sore throats 😷

Great tip for the eggwash!

Today I need home remedies for super sore throats 😷
Black tea, ginger, honey, lemon. I kid you not, half the singers you’ve ever seen will have downed that before taking to a stage. Must have made gallons of the stuff (not because it’s my job to, but because I’m nice).

Black tea, ginger, honey, lemon. I kid you not, half the singers you’ve ever seen will have downed that before taking to a stage. Must have made gallons of the stuff (not because it’s my job to, but because I’m nice).
Aw thanks matey I went to morrisons for my prescription and forgot the honey and lemons. I'll have to get some today and some ground ginger or send Dan out, been up half the night- feel worse than yesterday.

If honey and lemon is good enough for them it's good enough for me!

Aw thanks matey I went to morrisons for my prescription and forgot the honey and lemons. I'll have to get some today and some ground ginger or send Dan out, been up half the night- feel worse than yesterday.

If honey and lemon is good enough for them it's good enough for me!
Not ground ginger, the real stuff! Just a couple of thin slices.

Ok! I'll have to get some today

Stop DIY cooking!

You could poison yourself with undercooked chicken! Its dangerous!

You must get a professional involved at the design stage of your project (meal)

We cant give out step by step instructions, and really, its not something you should be trying yourself unless you've had a full 4 years apprenticeship and the qualifications that go with it.

These 5 week wonder courses (such as macdonalds) are diminishing the trade and should be banned!

And these celebrity "chefs" on youtube are just a bunch of chancers....

Get it done right. Get it done by a professional chef and reduce the likelyhood of something going wrong!

Sorry... cant eat right now... my tongue is in my cheek at the moment.

:);):D:rolleyes:🤪🍔🍟🍕

Hilarious 😂 Cheered me up that has!

1000013888.jpg

My friend has given me some of these so I've put some honey in one!

IMG_4028.jpeg

Breaking out this bad boy for the first time this year.

Aw man, I would love a steak on that bad boy! Dan doesn't eat much meat so I don't get chance to have steak much these days!!

Going to a pub famous for yorkshire puddings up Yorkshire I think - I will have to try and take a photo if i remember!

Reply to ElectriciansForums.net Recipe and General Food Lovers Thread! in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net