Discuss >>>>> !!Bane and tony.towa's Cookbook Central!! <<<<< Daily in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

do like i do after me Thursday night kebab - just cancel it out with a diet coke

if i am feeling particularly healthy i met have two

(erm....diet cokes not kebabs)

(thats for Fridays:p)

Ian's idea of a healthy kebab is to only have chili sauce instead of chili and garlic mayo. It is sooooooo embarrassing standing with him when they ask if he wants salad, to which he replies, "do i look like a rabbit".

Pigeon Recipe

Pigeon Francais

What You Need

Four pigeons (quartered)
Livers from pigeons
2oz butter
Half pound of fat bacon (chopped)
3 onions (chopped)
4 tablespoons of flour
2 pints of stock
6 diced carrots
Glass of red wine
Thyme
Bay leaf
Salt and pepper

What you do

Melt the butter in a stew pan and cook the pigeons until they are nicely browned. Take the pigeons out of the pan and fry the bacon, pigeon livers and onions until golden. Put the pigeons back in the pan and stir the flour into the juices. Add the stock and wine and boil for five minutes taking off any surface scum.

Add the rest of the ingrediants and place in a casserole dish in a medium oven for one and a half hours.

After the time in the oven place the pigeons on a serving dish and put the sauce back in the stewpan, mash the livers (which should be nice and soft now) and reduce to a nice sauce thickness. Pour the sauce over the pigeons.

(The pigeons do not have to be French to make pigeon Francais!!!!)

BRAISED RABBIT WITH MUSHROOMS AND CIDER
Serves 4

You Will Need:

1oz Butter
1 Tbsp sunflower oil
4 Rabbit portions
8 Small shallots
375g Mushroom (quartered)
0.5 Pint Dry cider
A few parsley sprigs
3-4 Tarragon sprigs
Salt and black pepper
0.5 Pint single cream
2Tbsp chopped parsley to garnish

1) Melt the butter with the oil in a flameproof casserole. When the butter is foaming, add the rabbit and cook for about 5mins until browned all over. Lift out the rabbit with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.

2) Add the shallots to the casserole and cook over a high heat, stirring, for about 3mins until golden. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4mins until softened.

3) Return the rabbit to the casserole, add the cider, parsley sprigs and tarragon. Season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Cover and cook in a preheated oven at 160C for 1.5hrs or until rabbit is tender.

4) Transfer the rabbit to a warmed platter and keep warm. Remove and discard the parsley and tarragon. Bring the sauce in the casserole to a boil on the hob, then boil until slightly reduced. Stir in the cream, taste for seasoning, and reheat gently.

5) Pour the sauce over the rabbit and serve at once, garnished with parsley.

BRAISED RABBIT WITH PRUNES

Substitute 125g ready to eat pitted prunes for the mushrooms. Add to the casserole 30mins before the end of the cooking time.

Night people.

Have a good weekend.

Off to eat my lime and coriander salmon, washed down with a bottle of Pouilly-Fuisse

Last edited by a moderator:
Waffle Recipes for Bane

Cinnamon Pecan Waffles

What you need

Three quarters of a cup of flour
Tablespoonful of baking powder
Half teaspoon salt
Teaspoon of ground cinnamon
2 eggs separated
One and three quarter cups of milk
Half a cup vegetable oil
Cup of chopped pecans

What you do

Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
In another bowl mix the milk, egg yolks and oil. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry.
Beat the egg whites to stiff peaks and fold them into the batter.
Put one and a half tablespoons of the pecans onto a hot waffle iron and pour a quarter of a cup of the batter over them. Cook until golden brown.

Serve with apple sauce (ideally homemade)

Chocolate Cayen Waffles

What you need

2 lightly beaten eggs
3 tablespoons sugar
Three quarters of a cup of milk
Half teaspoon vanilla extract
Half a cup of choclate syrup
Four tablespoons of melted butter
One and a half cups of sifted flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
Half teaspoon of salt
One and a half teaspoons of cayen pepper.

What you do

Mix the eggs, sugar, milk and vanilla extract stirring thoroughly.
In a seperate bowl blend the chocolate syrup and melted butter. Let the butter mixture cool then stir into the egg mixture.
Combine all the dry ingredients. Add the batter to the dry ingredients and stir until smooth. Add the cayen pepper.
Cook on waffle iron until golden.

Bane you can now waffle back to your new boss!!!!

Got a heavy date tonight! Going to serve up the rabbit hopefully it will work and i wont have to get the cricket bat out!!

Keep em cummin.

Good luck Dinosaur,

A fast desert (I put it up earlier I think).

Put some washed fresh strawberries into a wine or champagne glass and place in the fridge. Chill a bottle of sparkling white wine (something like Asti Spumante) in the fridge. When it's time for desert open the wine and pour it over the strawberries, allow to stand for thirty seconds to allow juices from strawberries to start to seep. Serve then taking the bottle to top the glasses up after. Use teaspoons to eat it with it's difficult to get desert spoons in and out of wine glasses without everything going everywhere.

If all else fails use the wine bottle instead of a cricket bat!!!!!!

:( having a crap week,Albion lost to Villa:( and found out today i failed my 2391:( so a recipe for some good stodgy,fatty comfort food if you please,that doesnt take ages to prepare:eek::D

Hi Paul

Sorry to hear your having a bad week so here is a slight twist on the ultimate male comfort food. When you are out tomorrow pop into your local Asda or Tesco or wherever and get the ingrediant you need. You will be happy during the day thinking about "slobbing out" in the evening with a big "plate of comfort".

What you need

A pound of floury potatoes (maris piper are good)
4 proper sausages (get the butcher's choice type with herbs if you can)
Half an ounce of butter
A few chives or spring onions (very finely chopped)
Three quarters of a cup of mature cheddar cheese (Grated)
A splash of milk
Salt and pepper

For the gravy
a tablespoon of vegetable oil
1 onion (sliced)
3 heaped teaspoons of gravy granules
225ml of boiling water
A tablespoon of tomato puree
A teaspoon of english mustard
A teaspoon of sweet chilli sauce

What you do

Peel the spuds and cut them into cubes, place in pan, cover them with boiling water add a pinch or two of salt and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, until soft. Drain and mash the potatoes and add the butter, milk, cheese, sping onions (chives) and salt and pepper to taste.

While the potatoes are cooking grill the sausages for ten to fifteen minutes, turning them occassionally, until they are cooked.

Heat the oild in a frying pan, fry the onions for three to four minutes, until browned. Mix the gravy granules, boiling water, tomato puree, mustard and chilli sauce. Pour into the frying pan (very carefully) and stir well. Let it bubble for a couple of minutes and thicken a bit.

To serve - Put a large dollop of mas on the plate, put the sausages around the mash and pour gravy over the lot of it.

Sit down and enjoy, the ultimate comfort food, bangers and mash.

Have a glass of beer (of your choice) to wash it down.

refinement and culinary excellence

What with Cirrus moving things around and Tony now using big words, i have a headache.

Have you got anymore pheasant recipes Tony. Only 8 days to go now and Mr pheasant gets it:D

Head Ache Cure (for "The Doc")

Squeeze the juice of half a lemon into a cup of hot black tea and add two teaspoonfuls of sugar. Drink whilst hot.

Have not got a lemon:D

Will try a couple of cans of Stella instead.

Hold on, the last time i took your advise on drink, i nearly ended up dead.

Apologies for the lack of recipes lately people. Tony's been really slack ;)

I'll throw a couple up on Friday (I know I said I'd do some today but I lied ok?).

One recipe will be a Special Game Pie for Mr and Mrs. Doctor (bounce back soon Ian :) ) and if there is any requests. Leave them on here please.

Sorry have not been able to make entries for a few days. Will get a few recipes on this weekend, including some fairly straight forward (what you got in the cupboard type) and will see if I can dig out one for "one handed chefs" so the Doc does get too bored while he is off and so he can prepare dinner for Mrs Doc when she comes in from earning the household income!!!!! :D

Reply to >>>>> !!Bane and tony.towa's Cookbook Central!! <<<<< Daily in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock