Discuss EP Bonding Copper pvc copper in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, a little clarity required please.

I’ve recently been to a property to make an emergency repair to a broken cable ( they drilled through it). I’ve patched the cable for the moment but while I was looking at the bonding I found the CH pipes bonded next to the incomer but not the incomer itself. The board doesn’t appear to have earth bond for water either, gas is present and correct. The incomer is copper then it goes to pvc then back to copper. It’s some distance from the CU unfortunately.
Since I spoke to them they got another electrician round and plumber for a second opinion and both say the bonding is acceptable. Am I missing something here? I mainly do commercial stuff and rarely domestic.The house is 1960’s in age.82A87D78-D649-46ED-B26F-2EA60FA28A2F.jpeg

Reply to EP Bonding Copper pvc copper in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

One of the oddest jobs I've ever had today. Called by a plumber I know who had attended after a leak through the kitchen ceiling from bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hopefully someone wiser than me can help explain some odd measurements I’ve taken at my own home. This is a long read, I’ve tried to give as much...
Replies
Views
I’ve been asked to add a couple of extra points to the single ring main in a flat. Building fabric is concrete, all of the electrical installation...
Replies
Views
N
Hey all, Just a quick query. If the main incoming water to a property is copper and the consumers side has a mixture of copper and PVC, is...
Replies
Views
Been to a job today to replace a faulty immersion thermostat. The existing spur supplying it was broken and about 30 years old so I replaced that...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock