Discuss Fire rated clips in trunking in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Because i know that in 5 months time it will be a requirement and i hate this usual grey area that occurs with regulations.

In my head it should be black or white and reading that regulation it states everywhere not just escape routes.

A regulation shouldnt be up for interpretation, it should be there to be followed or what is the point?

Think you need to apply common sense here whatever issue of BS7671 you choose to follow at present. Assess the risk of premature cable support failure in the event of a fire and decide on the nature of cable support required.

From january and there is a piece of plastic trunking to be fitted, for whatever reason, in a sitting room 300mm from the floor from 1 wall to the next wall.
Would you fit fire rated clips inside or would you say that there is a reduced risk of entanglement because of the height of the trunking?

From january and there is a piece of plastic trunking to be fitted, for whatever reason, in a sitting room 300mm from the floor from 1 wall to the next wall.
Would you fit fire rated clips inside or would you say that there is a reduced risk of entanglement because of the height of the trunking?
Once again as previously stated got to consider the proportional risk involved.

Reply to Fire rated clips in trunking in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi There Just a quick one, I'm wondering what's everyone's thoughts on this are. A subby has clipped a cable to a plaster board ceiling using 3m...
Replies
Views
I have had my kitchen rewired and plastered. I have had a 6mm t+e on a dedicated 32a circuit for a 60cm electric cooker. In hindsight, had i known...
Replies
Views
Since the deco needs doing to this property. My sister needs the TV putting on thr wall but wants the cables hiding. What will be the best way...
Replies
Views
Hello, I had an eicr done in 2021and it passed with four C3 items. They recommend next test date to be in 3 years instead of 5 on the certificate...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Not sure if asking about rates is allowed, but I'm wondering what people's thoughts are on chargeable rates for PAT testing. Baring in...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock