Discuss First eicr and low iR readings in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

What kind of state is the extractor system and gas interlock in . They are always a bit gungy, and often burned from lack of cleaning.
Ceramic food heaters are another culprit as wrong cables replaced ones that caused the previous problem. That is usually in chippies though.

I'm sure you know that such a low reading is a definite C2, therefore an unsatisfactory outcome on the EICR. Best way to find it is to split ring into sections, and narrow down the location. I recently had a similar result caused by damp affecting several newish sockets and fcus on one particular wall.

Why do you say a low IR is a C2?

The L-E and N-E readings are quite different which suggests everything could be unplugged. I'd now be looking for damaged wiring or waterlogged sockets etc. Splitting the ring in the middle will help narrow things down.

your there to do an eicr not put right unless instructed to do so.

I am not your mate, we have never met, please do not refer to me as such

I don’t mind you disagreeing with my post, but here it is in GN3, They also hammer that fact home on the 2391-52.

No neFirst eicr and low iR readings image - EletriciansForums.net

Last edited by a moderator:
It is up to the inspector to decide upon a Code and this can involve many factors hence BS7671 does not suggest Code designation. Unless the Guidance Note cites a Regulation it is just that, guidance and not a Regulation.

It is up to the inspector to decide upon a Code and this can involve many factors hence BS7671 does not suggest Code designation. Unless the Guidance Note cites a Regulation it is just that, guidance and not a Regulation.

Fair enough and thanks for the clarification. I was just going off what’s currently being taught and tested on the 2391, as GN3 is the bible on that course; and if we’d have coded a low IR reading as anything other than a C2, we’d have been pulled up massively for it.

Why do you say a low IR is a C2?
I agree that the inspector can decide coding, but I can't really think of a reason why a circuit with such poor insulation condition wouldn't be potentially dangerous, can you? If there is some other reason for the result, like an appliance or surge protector that can't be disconnected, the result would be LIM.

Reply to First eicr and low iR readings in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock