Discuss First NICEIC domestic assesment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

EddieB

-
Arms
Reaction score
Boys I'm having my first NICEIC assesment in a couple of weeks (domestic work only). I need a heads up on what to expect and what they will expect me to supply ie H&S statement etc, I've heard they will want to know about the complaints procedure, whats that about? can you please give me what help you can

i would aslo like some info about joining the NICEIC. EddieB, how long have you been working on your own for? What jobs are you using for your assessment? Seems weird that you have to be registered with these people to do the work, so how can you do a job for them to see when youre not registered?

Can you use work done on your own house as an example for your assessment?

I'm looking at registering so i can sign off my own work, but have only just come through my apprenticeship so this all seems very new, and quite a big step.

hello fellas i just booked my assesment today with the niceic should take about 6 weeks till thy come out and hav a look at my two jobs iv done a full rewire at my house for major works and a minor works at a house im renting out, if ya installation work and testing is top notch id go for it fellas take the nic by the short n curls ;-) lol

So they are fine with assessing a completed job then? They dont come and assess the job as its in progress?

How do they know that you did the job yourself?!!

Hi

They will want to see you do an inspection and test, Health and Safety Policy, Complaints Procedure ie what steps you would take to avoid complaints and what actions you would take in receipt of a complaint ie Stage 1 Log complaint Stage 2 Contact customer and discuss the problem Stage 3 Return to property. Basically think what you would expect if you lodged a complaint with a sparky. Public liability insurance 2 million mark and a register of all your customers to date.

May be more but cant remember hope others can help

Good luck

Chris

tell me about it lol iv only gone with thm cos there the most requenized with customers i was thinkin about elecsa but frm wot iv read on here peeps hav lost work cos there not NICEIC registard , its a joke realy cos all bodys offer the same thing its job puplic tht needs to realize this and stop bein so igrent to it.

Im with Elecsa and have never lost a job through not being with the NIC.

Even commercial jobs, which are well documented on these forums.

But, if you feel more at ease then go for it.

It wont do you any harm!

im not realy worried about the testing to much its just any hard questions he mite ask me out of the red bible lol
you will have it to hand, if your not sure tell him you need to look it up. we cant all be expected to know everything and thats what the books there for ;)

Copies of 7671,EAWR, GN3, Doc P, calibration certs, risk assessments.

what are these?!And I've never seen a copy of EAWR in my life.

Someone said 'a register of your customers to date' How could i have a customer base if I've not been registered before, therefore not being able to sign off my work.

what are these?!And I've never seen a copy of EAWR in my life.

Someone said 'a register of your customers to date' How could i have a customer base if I've not been registered before, therefore not being able to sign off my work.

Hi Rob.

BS 7671 - regs book 17th edition, GN3 is guidance note 3 on inspection and testing published by the IEE, doc P is Approved document P of the building regs (part p) EAWR - electricity at work regs.

You will need these for an assessment.

Some of the stuff is here. The rest can be found with a quick google.

http://www.electriciansforums.net/e...ons/4299-competent-person-schemes-part-p.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to First NICEIC domestic assesment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock