Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss Five fold increase in fusebox fires in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Tightening screws and double checking they are tight is obviously not part of the Electrical Trainee course hence the mass introduction of torque drivers,
will do f all on jobs like this though

apydyme5.jpg

I didnt even get a driver out to remove the burnt cable.

they made no effort to tighten it

I can remember going into an electrical wholesaler in my youth and being asked for a card just ones that you give out to people before I could buy anything
I can't see why materials would go up in price if only electricians can buy equipment but I do think certain electricians would take advantage and Labour prices would go up

All very well having torque drivers how often are you going to get them calibrated or given the cost of getting torque wrenches calibrated and I would expect screwdrivers to cost similar do you bin them and buy new every 12 months or what is deemed an acceptable period between calibration checks

Just more cost that has to be passed on

I can remember going into an electrical wholesaler in my youth and being asked for a card just ones that you give out to people before I could buy anything
I can't see why materials would go up in price if only electricians can buy equipment but I do think certain electricians would take advantage and Labour prices would go up
Ah the "only electricians should be able to buy things" nonsense again.
It'll never happen mate. If we were, for want of a better word, protected like that how long would it be before all the other trades joined in? After all, walls can fall down, plumbing can leak and cause problems, plaster is potentially hazardous in it's dust form, firbeglass insulation is an irritant to the lungs etc etc.
Another reason why it's a pipe dream is that the government, any government, is in the pockets of big business. can you honestly see the likes of the Kingfisher group happily being restricted in what they can and cannot sell because the government listens to a bunch of sparkies who, frankly, have their heads up their arses?
Tell me, have you ever carried out any work on a vehicle you have owned or done any work at home for which you have not been properly trained? If you have you've contributed to the so called problem that you're complaining about

No I haven't I believe that you should get the right man for the job . I try to get one Man bands though and local firms

Or tell the wife to do it

Just got off the phone from the ecs middlemen and was told I'm being downgraded because I haven't completed the city and guilds 2387 'How't use 'amer'

If the component breaks because somebody does something up tug tight it's probably not fit for purpose

Theres a lot of cheap crap boards on the market , and that together with a very unskilled electrical installer situation we have in this country this is a combination that spells trouble , because one thing for sure these guys wouldn't have a clue what is good and whats not and they would no doubt buy the cheapest tat on the market and undercut any other fully qualified guy fitting decent equipment with the ability to install it correctly..

I am not on the hook am I
I just think that if everyone thought like me then every one would be ok
I will admit my local garage charges £1.49 per litre on the island a supermarket charges £1.31 per litre so I usually go to the supermarket
But I have used the local garage .
I use the local little magazine for tradesmen

Just jerking your chain mate. It's Sunday, I'm half cut, I've got nowt to do tomorrow except walk the dog and pick my grandson up. So that half cut might change :)

Just jerking your chain mate. It's Sunday, I'm half cut, I've got nowt to do tomorrow except walk the dog and pick my grandson up. So that half cut might change :)

Any chance of popping over Trev and walking mine, I'm snowed under tomorrow mate!!!
Glennsparks been kicking the football for him tonight.

Reply to Five fold increase in fusebox fires in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net