Discuss Flickering LED downlights on 2g2w switch in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi everyone , was wondering if anyone has had similar problems with led downlights ?
Details are as follows .. Converted 1g1w switch (which fed a fluorescent )to 2g2w switching using 3 core + e strappers and installed 21 downlights , 11 on 1 switch and 10 on the other. . they flickered , so rechecked wiring , all good . I then disconnected strappers to check if I was getting magnetic inductance issues with the strappers, and hey presto they stopped flickering ..
Unfortunately, customer is insisting on 2way switching ..
Does anyone know how to rectify this ?
Was thinking about zener diodes , but don't know anything about the size required or how they're fitted ..
Please, any help would be most appreciated

google snubbers. usually r/c network connect across L-N before 1st downlight. alternative would be to use a remote controlled wireless switch instead of 2 way.

check if dimmer is led compatable as not all dimmers are. You need a leading edge or trailing edge dimmer for led lights also check to see if downlights are dimmer compatible as I have a lot of customers who don't understand about the compatibility of LED lighting flickering dimmed lights quite common issue these days.

An after thought as well. . If you've fitted an RC contact suppressor , what happens if you need to do a test and inspection.Will it be damaged or corrupt results , ie should it be isolated/removed and presumably put notice on DB ?

An after thought as well. . If you've fitted an RC contact suppressor , what happens if you need to do a test and inspection.Will it be damaged or corrupt results
Its rated 250V AC ,so should be good for 500V DC All day long.
...Not snubbing contacts ,but driaing un used energy from lamps.....
( Would probably remove phantom voltages from some of circuit with no lamps fitted )
" Should it be mentioned in a notice on DB ?"
--That is a good question-- !

Reply to Flickering LED downlights on 2g2w switch in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net