Discuss Floorboard Cutting - what a chore! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

I paid £30 off eBay for an inspection camera and found multiple uses for it, one is to carefully drill a 10mm hole in a board, slide in the camera and have a look around. Once you see its all clear, gash away...

That's a great idea, but knowing my luck the 10mm hole for the inspection camera would go straight through a pipe!

I use the bosch 18V cordless circular, same batteries as my drills etc, perfect for board cutting and really handy as it's cordless. I'm on my 2nd blade in 5 years! Although when I changed it I presumed the printing went on the outside then wondered why it wouldn't cut very well, I'd put the blade on backwards......
My 10.8V GOP is invaluble too though, especially if you're forced to lift boards that are part of an exposed floor.

i use a jigsaw with the footplate removed, its not foolproof but i nearly took my kneecap off using a circular saw.
So you nearly took your kneecap off with a circular saw so decided to modify a jigsaw to do the job... Does your carer allow you to use power tools without supervision??? :lol:

Anybody tried the Makita 10.8V HS300D for cutting floorboards? I had a quick look at one at the tool show at Kempton Park on Friday. The blade is only 85mm diameter but it will cut 25.5mm depth, so enough for floorboards. One advantage, if the boards are on show, appears to be the very narrow blade used, so no great gaps when the boards are replaced. Also, it looks like it would be good for confined spaces.

Makita HS300DWE 10.8V li-ion 85mm Circular Saw (2 Batteries) (HS-300-DWE)

Was speaking to a plumber the other day. He said he was working on a house and an "electrician" was working upstairs. He heard so much banging that he went to investigate. He found the guy was trying to get up chipboard flooring with just a hammer and bolster! He offered him his circular saw but he said oh i have never used one of those before!

I asked how old the guy was and he said about mid thirties so I presume he must be a Electrical Trainee!

Mind you he told the plumber he was NICEIC registered!

Don't get me started!

Anybody tried the Makita 10.8V HS300D for cutting floorboards? I had a quick look at one at the tool show at Kempton Park on Friday. The blade is only 85mm diameter but it will cut 25.5mm depth, so enough for floorboards. One advantage, if the boards are on show, appears to be the very narrow blade used, so no great gaps when the boards are replaced. Also, it looks like it would be good for confined spaces.

Makita HS300DWE 10.8V li-ion 85mm Circular Saw (2 Batteries) (HS-300-DWE)

Like the look out that little one, any excuse to buy some more 10.8v Makita toys.... just treated myself to the little radio. See they do a reciprocating saw also now.

Was speaking to a plumber the other day. He said he was working on a house and an "electrician" was working upstairs. He heard so much banging that he went to investigate. He found the guy was trying to get up chipboard flooring with just a hammer and bolster! He offered him his circular saw but he said oh i have never used one of those before!

I asked how old the guy was and he said about mid thirties so I presume he must be a Electrical Trainee!

Mind you he told the plumber he was NICEIC registered!

Don't get me started!

Meooow, some of us NICEIC club members have used circular saws you know. The NICEIC run a 26 week course on using one, along with all the other inane courses they offer. You get a CSE qualification at the end of the course (CSE = Circular Saw Expert) :)

got a basic £40 clarke multicutter in machine mart, blades are not that bad 40-50 floorboards comfortably, be carefull not to hit nails.

Reply to Floorboard Cutting - what a chore! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net