Discuss Fluke 1654b with robin leads in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

BigSpark

-
Arms
Reaction score
Evening all,
I've just purchased a Fluke 1654B Mft, and on further inspection I've realized it has been supplied with fused Robin test leads (which after some research is standard for older versions of 1654b, i think????) so not as bothered as i first was. I'm wondering if these leads are still ok to use as the newer ones have different leads which aren't fused ( as to gs38) and all the robin ones are fused. I am definitely considering buying a new set as I've bought a Kewtech lightmate set and as these are robin leads they don't fit the female plugs, so would megger leads work (Megger 1001-975) or would i have to go with the Fluke ( TL165X STD Fused) Leads. Any Help appreciated . BigSpark

Ahh ok, the robin leads that came with mine are all fused.Apart from the test lead with the button which is genuine fluke. But are no good to me as the per lightmate senario unfortunately :nonod:

Someone has changed the leads that's all, they are not the standard ones. Just order some new genuine ones, I think they are about £80 I think.

i lived in Narborough, I go to Enderby every week as play for one if the Enderby bands.

So these would not have been standard issue even if this was an older version 1654b? Would megger leads be ok to use ( probably being stupid) just want to be sure before i buy anything.

Ahh cool.Always good to speak to someone in the local area.I'm based in Sapcote only been here for 4 years, was over Northampton before. Fancied a bit of the country life u see :tree:

I found I was never very busy out that way, I'm snowed under round here.

petsknally I'd just but fluke leads, the hall fit I think.

the problem I saw, I think they might have been never leads actually, they had a nobly but on the lead and it wouldn't go I the light mate thing.

The original 165x series tester we had when I was an apprentice had robin leads if I remember correctly, it was about the time that robin was absorbed into fluke and fluke discovered the colour yellow. But the next set that we got had fluke written on them (exact same lead though I think)
It was probably over 10 years ago though so the memory might be a little hazy

i find that megger leads will not work with lightmates. they won't make proper contact.

It looks as tho I've probably been fobbed off a bit as the listing said the fluke came with TL165X STD Lead Set which are fluke leads but ha ho at least i know :pimp:. Think il be going for the Kewtech Leads as gutterball suggested as they fit the lightmate and are half the price of the fluke ones.
Thanks everyone for your help, much appreciated :icon14:

Reply to Fluke 1654b with robin leads in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net