Discuss Fluorescent to LED replacement tubes in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Got a few 4'(1200mm) fluorescent tubes with ballast and starters.

Although the lumen will be lower using LED, I assume the ballast and starter is by-passed.

Also assume to use the SMD range of LED tubes.

thanks

bin the starter and ballast. feed L to 1 end and N to other end of LED tube ( some tubes want L and N to 1 end and nothing to other, see instructions ), and the light qualityand output will be better as long as you select the correct wattage/type of LED.

As above but Some LED tubes come with a unit ( looks like a starter )that goes where the starter goes , for these tubes you leave the ballast in place.

As above but Some LED tubes come with a unit ( looks like a starter )that goes where the starter goes , for these tubes you leave the ballast in place.

I've used this type but you don't need to leave the ballast in place. Where the ballast unit has failed and we have upgraded to LED the ballast has just been removed from the circuit.

Reply to Fluorescent to LED replacement tubes in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello! Hope you’re all keeping well! I’m replacing a fluorescent tube light which had an electronic ballast fitting - I’ve ripped this out and...
Replies
Views
Hi: I am the custodian at Peru Public Library, Peru IL. About 20 years ago, I installed about 150 new General Electric brand electronic ballasts...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I guess most of you have seen some moving spirals in some fluorescent lamps. Not sure if there's a better description for that, but with...
Replies
Views
I have three Aurora Fluorescent linkable (linked) under cabinet 'strip' lights (c.21cm each) under the kitchen cabinets and over the sink area...
Replies
Views
Evening. Got my hands on a pair of choke ballasts to run fluorescent tubes a few days ago and I want to see if they're in good condition. If...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock