Discuss Fused spur rating for electric underfloor heating in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Builder installed 175w / sq metre in an area 6.7 x 3.5. What should the fused spur be rated at and should it have a contractor as well?

Am I correct in thinking it is drawing just over 17A therefore 13A fused spur is insufficient?

Thanks

Is the spur (aka FCU) getting warm? I would probably switch it off until you have got to the bottom of things.

6.7 x 3.5 = 23.45
23.45 x 175 = 4.1kW
4.1kW / 240 = approx 17A

Depending, as Mike said, whether this is mat size or room area.

OP, is the FCU ('spur') warm?

ask when he's taken the washing off of it.

2 cats shat on 2 mats.

stapled their tails together. Siamese cats. ?

We have not heard back from the OP on the size of the mat or room, everything else is guess work, including how many cats are sat on the mat.

and a roll of A4 paper to print off the lecy
6.7 x 3.5 = 23.45
23.45 x 175 = 4.1kW
4.1kW / 240 = approx 17A

Depending, as Mike said, whether this is mat size or room area.

Thanks everyone, that was the room size....the problem was the fuse was blown and casing burnt...checked with the builder who installed it and the fused spur should have been 20A, but the matting is slightly under the size I quoted making it just under 16A which works for the Stat (but not clearly for the switch).

Thanks everyone, that was the room size....the problem was the fuse was blown and casing burnt...checked with the builder who installed it and the fused spur should have been 20A, but the meeting is slightly under the size I quoted making it just under 16A which works for the Stat (but not clearly for the switch).

I think you need to get your builder to pay for an electrician to put this right. And point out to him what he has done wrong - I bet he's done this in other properties as well.

Reply to Fused spur rating for electric underfloor heating in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock