Discuss Gaining work experience in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

drzsta

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi, (sorry for long post)

Havn't posted much here but am after some well appreciated advice.

I have recently qualified from my 4 year apprenticeship. The Operation that I work (and did my apprenticeship) for does on the whole all domestic installation and maintenance.

Although the job is very well paid I cannot see myself doing this sort of work all my life. I have been after something more industrial.

My problem arises because I cannot get a job with no experience in this area.

I live between oxford and Swindon so two areas with a reasonable large manufacturing base such as BMW, Honda and Motorola.

I would love to gain some experience. with maintenance electrical technicians but how do I get my foot in the door? I'm willing to obviously do it for free and available In the evenings and weekends and defiantly keen to learn.

How do I go about doing it?

Reply to Gaining work experience in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello fellow sparks, I’m looking to do my testing and inspection course which starts on the 30th of April, but I have not got much testing...
Replies
Views
Apartment complex lights not working or pool pump system. Novice maintenance man with very little experience in electrical, and my job is on the line
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m an industrial electrical engineer apprentice working at a wastewater treatment plant, I’ve been really enjoying the job which I’ve been...
Replies
Views
Currently serving in the Royal Engineers and doing my level 3 DAO electrician course, i’m looking for weekend work (domestic/ commercial) around...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, Not sure if this is the right place to ask since it's more of a general question. I'm looking for a bit of advice. I completed my level...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock