Discuss Green Deal In a Day!!! and Super Spin on the Numbers!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Worcester

-
Mentor
Reaction score
Anybody else see Paxman interview Ed Davey, BBC iPlayer - Newsnight: 27/11/2013 (starts at about 14 mins) kinda got a real I told you so feeling watching it, 100,000 assessments 1000 GDF applications (allegedly) 219 completed on GDF, yet he claims over 80,000 have had measures done!!!! - That's because he's including the ECO work that needed a GDAR done. (there's other ECO work beyond the Green Deal but he got his figures wrong there)

He must be spinning in his sleep, there again perhaps he is because by his own admission he shouldn't be sleeping at night :)

Check out @27mins when he talks about Green Deal in a Day, sold street by street - this is now open house for all those door knocking double glazing ex PV salesman to go for the high pressure overpriced sales practices, - I can hear it now "Let me just get on the phone to my Area Manager and see if I can secure you this special discounted rate deal so long as you sign today" - He's letting himself open to an even bigger failure and cases of rip-off and mis-selling scandal.

Other figures - he claimed 250,000 homes on ECO, from the figures I downloaded from thir own website its 250,000 MEASURES, on the above 80,000 homes - double counting and spin...

Watch this space - it's going to hot the national news big big time in about May / June next year with headlines all over the Mail ....

That's the oleaginous Greg Barker not Ed Davey. The actual Green Deal (as opposed to ECO which, of course, is just a replacement for the previous energy obligations) stats to the end of October are:

The number of households which have had Green Deal measures installed: 219
The number of measures installed: 481

What were those measures?
Boiler: 178
Cavity wall insulation: 7
Loft insulation: 37
PV: 78
Heating controls: 71
Hot water cylinder insulation: 29
Hot water cylinder thermostat: 16
Solid wall insulation: 65

Number of Green Deal Advisors: 2687
Number of Green Deal Providers: 112
Number of Green Deal Installers: 2020

I suspect He got his 80,000 and 250,000 figures from here, and of course included them because they all needed a GDAR... and come from here
https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/green-deal-and-energy-company-obligation-eco-statistics

Below is October:
Table 4: Provisional number of ECO measures installed, by obligation, by month
Obligation
Installation Month[SUP] 3[/SUP]Carbon Saving Target (CSO)Carbon Savings Community[SUP]2 [/SUP] (CSCO)Affordable Warmth (HHCRO)Total number of ECO measures installed
January 2013[SUP]1[/SUP]3,9777,9732,70514,655
February 20135,2527,1896,08718,528
March 20136,5117,1557,40421,070
April 201310,0927,8309,86827,790
May 201312,1389,52612,18933,853
June 20138,1919,86816,04034,099
July 201314,94410,54219,43744,923
August 201316,4387,66225,86449,964
Total to date77,54367,74599,594244,882
[SUP]1[/SUP] Includes some measures installed between October and December 2012
[SUP]2[/SUP] May figure includes one measure installed under the 'rural' sub-obligation of CSCO, and
June figure includes eight measures installed under the 'rural' sub-obligation of CSCO
July figure includes one measure installed under the 'rural' sub-obligation of CSCO
[SUP]3 [/SUP]ECO measures installed in earlier installation months can be notified at a later date under some circumstances. Some notified measures can be reallocated to different ECO sub-obligations and so are subject to change.

The need for a GDAR as only recently been introduce for HTTC OR HTTP , measures like boilers under HHCRO only require a EPC, We have access to green deal finance now and are starting to put plans though the system.
There is actually a big demand for green deal plans out there to be honest with you all.

More worrying is the changes to ECO on the 5th DEC for us.

I think from the experiences we have had over the last 12 months is that green deal may pick up from March next year if its still here that is.

I was looking at someone else's work which was 50kw system, but it only pulling 18kw in a bright day. Nearly a third just.

i should of started different thread

I was looking at someone else's work which was 50kw system, but it only pulling 18kw in a bright day. Nearly a third just.

i should of started different thread

You do realize it is December right? and that this is the worst time of the year for solar? Between March and September the solar system will be peaking around 40 kW.

If that 18 kW was in December then that is pretty good considering the angle of the sun at this time of year.

It gets worse !!!

Not just green deal in a day - it''s door to door in a day / targeting specific people with the governments help - these comments from DECC:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/streamlining-and-improving-the-green-deal

We will make Green Deal easier for the companies operating in the market by:

Opening up access to Energy Performance Certificate data, so that companies can more easily identify properties which will benefit most from energy efficiency improvements.

Adding more measures to the list of those that can be supported under the Green Deal, and allowing more flexibility over the exact specification to which companies install.

Working with industry to find ways to reduce the cost of insurance requirements attached to Green Deal measures.

I can see now the ability to download the core data from the EPC's and then analyse and cold call target people in massive telesales and door knocking campaigns

"You've been pre-selected for the Green Deal as someone that could benefit for the governments ............"

STREET WARS!! Just like it was when switching electrcity provider a few years ago until they banned it. I see a major cock up and scandal coming here..
The Green Deal coming to Daily Mail front page in no short time..

Did you also see that they are going to go straight from online assessment to installation. So no need for GDAs - £000's down the drain again.

I remember about 15 years ago a street by street campaign that hadn't been regulated where one firm was going down the street signing people up for insulation followed by another firm about 2 hours later installing the work for themselves not the people who had generated the work. It was very nearly pistols at dawn!

It gets worse !!!

I can see now the ability to download the core data from the EPC's and then analyse and cold call target people in massive telesales and door knocking campaigns

I've not had an EPC done (nor am I an assessor), but what terms and conditions do customers sign up to when these are done? If they've not explicitly given consent for their EPC data to be shared isn't this a breach of data protection?

Matthew

An EPC data is readily available from the EPC Register. It doesn't contain any details of the homeowner only the address and rating of the building and the assessors details.

An EPC data is readily available from the EPC Register. It doesn't contain any details of the homeowner only the address and rating of the building and the assessors details.
yeah, but it's a hell of a lot different to have to download each EPC individually compared to having a spreadsheet that can be sorted to just give you a list of all the properties that have recommendations to have the loft insulation level increased / windows replaced etc.

At the very least, I'd hope that they only made the data accessible to legit accredited companies, with RECC type safeguards in place so that there's at least something to try to stop abuse of this data.

Reply to Green Deal In a Day!!! and Super Spin on the Numbers!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net