Discuss Green Deal gets Bad Rap, Barking's Dog makes more Sense in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Worcester

-
Mentor
Reaction score
For those of you that missed it, A bunkc opf Door to Door Con artisists have been targetting people in South East Wales and West Yorkshire, chargeing them for fraudulent Green Deal Assesements.

They've been promising up to £10,000 of insulation etc for free in exchange for paid for 'surveys' charged between £200 and £400.

What is interesting is that none of these guys have been caught yet..

Featured today's on BBC's You and Yours BBC iPlayer - You and Yours: Conmen posing as Green Deal assessors, and fake 'Beats' by Dr Dre headphones

Seems this was reported in industry press a couple of weeks ago and has just been picked up by the Beeb.

Conmen have been knocking on people’s doors claiming they are linked with the Green Deal energy efficiency scheme to try and prise money from unwary homeowners.
Doorstep fraudsters in parts of Wales have been asking for an “administration fee” to undertake various tasks on behalf of the householder and claiming that the improvements will be free.

The Government’s Green Deal lets homes and businesses pay for energy efficiency improvements, like insulation or a new heating system, through savings on their energy bills.

Apparently they not only door knocked, that also set up appointments by phone...

Sound more like the typical actions that we have come to expect from the shiny suited brigade ..

Barker just re-iterated a buch of nonsense, as 'good conmen' would also include the Green Deal trustmark anyway !!

When pushed on the number of actual approved installtions paid for through Green Deal Finance (as oppsoed to ECO) it was clear that the answer was ZERO. a bit fat Nada..

It was then suggested that Barking's Dog might have something sensible to say about this, as apparently his dog is a regular 'Tweeter'

https://twitter.com/OttoBigDog
[h=1]Otto Barker[/h] [h=2]@OttoBigDog[/h] I am the Big Dog at the Department of Energy and Climate Change and the proud owner of Greg Barker. And let me promise you my Barker ain't worse than my bite

Reply to Green Deal gets Bad Rap, Barking's Dog makes more Sense in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net