Discuss GU10 and number of downlights? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

O

Okay4Now

Good evening. Getting mixed messages regards GU10 230V downlights. Customer has viewed various low wattage 230V led lamps to fit gu10 downlights and picked 5 watt. Could have numerous of this wattage on a single radial but seen may be a problem passing assessment etc if it can be seen that the lamps could be replaced with 50W GU10 halogen etc, but the lamp in question is superior to others and only comes in GU10 not SGU10. Also supposed to assume that 100W per fitting. Custumer wants two areas in same room to have 12 in each area, 24 in total. If have to work on fittings will accept 50W thats 5.2A where as at 5W it is only 0.52A. The 100W assumption, (On-Site Guide Table 1A), would only allow 11 given that spare capacity is expected. Question is, therefore, what is best way to go, just base on GU10 5Ws on one circuit, two circuits basing on someone putting in 50Ws in years to come, or even better your suggestions / solutions.
Thanks for your notice, yes will be assessed on this later so I have to be clear. Have tried at various times to post but having typed out wording it has disappeared and told me I do not have rights to post. Hope it works this time!

Last edited by a moderator:
Go with the onsite guide.
It's designed for people who do not need to make detailed calculations.
Bult in safety factor

You could always split the circuits even further say 4 6A breaker.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to GU10 and number of downlights? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net