Discuss Hager Din Rail Mounted Time Switch in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

Deleted member 105166

Has anyone fitted these into an Invicta 3 Type B board?
Wholesaler asked Hager whom stated they need to go into a separate enclosure, but couldn't elaborate on why. My preference is to mount them in the DB under the corresponding RCBOs and I cannot see from the spec sheet and photo why this should be problematic. Perhaps I'm missing something?

18th Edition now requires Manufacturer’s Instructions to be complied with in regards to DBs/CUs.
I appreciate that spin, and am trying to establish whether the second/third hand information I've received constitutes manufacturer's instructions, or a lack of understanding of the original question or the desire to find out and explain with a reason that makes sense, as opposed to "don't know". Hence my asking on here, as the forum is always a great source of answers from people with real experience.

Has anyone fitted these into an Invicta 3 Type B board?
Wholesaler asked Hager whom stated they need to go into a separate enclosure, but couldn't elaborate on why. My preference is to mount them in the DB under the corresponding RCBOs and I cannot see from the spec sheet and photo why this should be problematic. Perhaps I'm missing something?

I'm currently designing a lighting setup for a client that's going to rely heavily on contactors, timers etc. I'd have no qualms whatsoever about sticking any of those Hager devices in a Hager board. They are listed on their website as modular devices within the energy distribution section, but if you want it in writing, I'd just drop Hager technical a mail, I've always found them to be really helpful and pretty quick when it comes to responding.

Having seen the range of gear Hager have available for such purposes I just decided to phone them and ask the question as I'm probably going to use it for my project.

Hager gear in a Hager board, no problem what so ever was the response.

I think where it might stem from is this:-

"Dimmers, time switches, meters and thermostats are among our varied range of devices, and they can all be perfectly housed in our expansive range of enclosures to tailor a building’s energy to an individual’s style. It’s just like a home, miniaturised."

This is a paragraph of text from the header page for section 2 of the general Hager catalogue that covers modular enclosures and devices. Which could be interpreted as meaning the devices have to be installed in one of their modular enclosures.

I'm looking into it because Spin's comment got me thinking, but I can't find anything stating you cannot install the devices in a consumer unit, likewise I can find nothing against a consumer unit stating you can't install the modular devices in them.

But there is this blanket statement:-

"The relevant part of the BS EN 61439 series applies to the integration of mechanical and electrical components (switching devices, control devices, busbars, functional units, etc.) into an enclosure. Hager systems such as consumer unit, distribution board and panel board ranges are certified to the appropriate part of the BS EN 61439 series."

So I think it's fine :)

Reply to Hager Din Rail Mounted Time Switch in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock