Discuss has anyone heard of STROMA in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

MG201

-
Reaction score
keep getting contacted by STROMA about joining them and using there services for electrical certification , they seem to be implying that they are the new and improved NAPIT service, has anyone else had contact from them

Yep constantly. They are just another one of the schemes, slightly cheaper fees; although I've read on here that they seem to be struggling slightly with the 'services' these schemes provide, i.e. technical support & on-line certification.

Thought there was only NICEIC & one other (Select?) authorised scheme in Scotland?

Never heard of them! Anyone?

They are legit and they do much the same as the other CPSchemes but for less of the price - that being as you’ve posted, not many people have heard of them, especially customers BUT 90% of customers don’t care about part P or notification to the LBC they just want well installed electrical work that doesn’t cost the earth.
Ah, I see - they are trying to make it over the border - Build a wall!

I’m with Stroma ..... cheaper than the others. And just as easy to notify part p stuff...

Can’t believe you haven’t heard of them tbh

But as you are in Glasgow, do they operate in Scotland?

I’m with Stroma ..... cheaper than the others. And just as easy to notify part p stuff...

Can’t believe you haven’t heard of them tbh

But as you are in Glasgow, do they operate in Scotland?
had an email off NAPIT saying that they were contacting members and saying NAPIT were in financial difficulty and trying to get members which napit say is deflamatory( as they are a charity i defo dont recon they woud be ), STORMA obviously going through NAPIT members to try get membership up thats what a sales team does i suppose

There is some bad blood between those two schemes as it seems people left NAPIT with their customer list and went to STROMA to set up the electrical section.
This is only something I was told, I have no evidence to substantiate it.
However it might explain the way that both are sparring off against each other?

im with them and as im part time on the installation side was a no brainer to fork out any more to notify a handful of jobs/ year. notification much easier than napit whom i was with previously in there just 8 scheme or whatever it was called

They have been chasing us on and off for the last couple of years , but have stepped it up about 3 months ago .

When our paid up membership runs out in 6 months , we are going with them.

We have been with napshite since the beginning but have finally given up on funding big John's piggy bank , their standard response to a problem is to pass it on , that is if one eye Robin was not fleecing you for bent copies of needed documents " so you could pass " your assessment.
They are all parasites on our once proud industry , but Stroma seem the best at the moment !

Oh and happy Christmas!!!

Rant over

I too am with Stroma, I was with Elecsa before that and napit before them.
I'm can't say a bad word about them, their surveillance visits are good the guy who comes out to me is a gent and even let me download to my phone some documents that had gone missing since last year's assessment so that I had no non conformance's!
And they are half the price of the others, no brained to switch really, especially as I try not to do domestic so don't have that many to register a year.
Not tried their software online for the testing though as I have whatever they are called now,, that's it shineforms!
Sy

I'm with Stroma. I use their online forms for certification. It isn't too bad as long as you are using a tablet, not so good on a phone though. Could certainly be better but it works fine. There are some restrictions when it comes to transferring between tablet (on site) and computer (which I use to send out invoices and certs) when it isn't all done in one go. You can't download it back to the tablet after.

Fees are clearly much cheaper which is partly why I picked them.

Customer service could be more efficient but seem to do what they need to. Technical support is variable, depending on who you get to speak to, but I guess there is probably better and more useful knowledge here so that doesn't matter so much!

I was with stroma and my experience was not good. An assessor that gave misleading information, and I had to chase almost every certificate up that the admin would always insist was sent (which was absolute rubbish). I had direct contact with a manager about this on many occasions, but nothing ever changed, and this made me look unprofessional to my customers who were chasing me up for their certificates.

Never had one issue with an electrical certificate through the NICEIC, and apart from one assessor shortly after part pee came in who was a bit jobsworth, I have never had an issue with their assessors. Stroma might have saved me £4 a week, but it wasn't worth the hassle.

I assume people use this rather than using trimble/amtech etc. Due to cost. What about niceic paperwork . I think it's £1 a cert not 100% though. ...is this what u mean when u say chase up certificate?.​

I assume people use this rather than using trimble/amtech etc. Due to cost. What about niceic paperwork . I think it's £1 a cert not 100% though. ...is this what u mean when u say chase up certificate?.​

What I meant was I submitted the certs online using their software, which in fairness was easy to do, and stroma would have received it but rarely sent certs out without me having to chase them up. One customer emailed me say that he eventually got his cert (after I had to chase it up), but the print was poor as if the printer had almost run out of ink. I called stroma who confirmed that their printer had been running low on ink hence the poor quality!

I'm with STROMA and use their online software, it's free and it gets the job done (although a bit long winded), I've not had any issues with producing the .pdf certificates (downloaded instantly) and have the notifications emailed to me (they've always arrived same day) so that I can pass them on to the customer.

submitted the certs
I never "submit" my certs through a scheme. I have heard NIC getting in touch with your customers and offering testing when the time is due. Do not know if that is urban legend or idle chat or what. I did clarify with STROMA before joining them their confidentiality policy regards this possibility and was assured they would never contact my customers.

Reply to has anyone heard of STROMA in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net