Discuss has anyone heard of STROMA in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Urban myth I think
I do tend to agree rationally. However how tempting must it be to have all that info and the possibility of making money from it? I find it hard to beleive a would be plutocratic organisation like NIC would pass that opportunity up and would in some way capitalise on it, but then thats the paranoid side of me.

I'm also with Stroma. No real problems with them. They're always polite and friendly. The assessments have always been thorough. Most of my work is domestic so I've no need for the elitist, expensive money grabbers that I was with in the past.
I have certs and notifications e mailed directly to me which is almost instant and then I print off and pass on to my clients. Handy if the client looses cert as I can quickly replace it. The software is best done on a tablet or lap top/desk top. The android version for the phone is too fiddly and small for an old timer like me. If you want to simply comply and be registered on a scheme with the least expensive, basic, no frills attached, no monthly newsletter with pics of scheme providers p****d up 'n spending your fees at a swanky black tie diner on Park Lane then Stroma are worth considering.

keep getting contacted by STROMA about joining them and using there services for electrical certification , they seem to be implying that they are the new and improved NAPIT service, has anyone else had contact from them
If you want to be left alone and your work unchecked with just a yearly telephone call then they are great, didn't know they were in Jockland though, do you need a scheme up there?

Op's been asked that a couple of times now. Apparently Stroma have crossed the wall.
I don't read most of the replies, they are usually bollox to be honest.

If you want to be left alone and your work unchecked with just a yearly telephone call then they are great, didn't know they were in Jockland though, do you need a scheme up there?

No. Up here anyone can call themselves an electrician and carry-out electrical installation work. I know of plumbers up here carrying-out EICRs. I kid you not.

SELECT have been lobbying the Scottish Government for years to try and persuade them that electricians should be recognised as professionals and given legal protected status. But alas, wee Jimmy Sturgeon and her motley crew in Holyrood aren't listening. They're too busy trying to sabotage Brexit and gearing-up for a second independence referendum to be bothered about trivialities such dangerous electrical installations created by DIYers, cowboys and rogue electricians.

Gorblimey might be a twit, but he's an honest twit, according to his beliefs, i'll give him that, but phony blair, he was and is an out and out self-seeking, money grabbing, 2 faced TW4T.

I dunno, if if if I was going to vote Labour, it would be a Blair not a Corbyn (Iraq war not withstanding). I thought David Milliband was bloody nice bloke.

Mind this Brexit thing done us out of a good PM; big Dave might not have been liked by a lot, but he was a right -------. Something you need to be as a PM, like our Theresa is finding out. She's a nice person, unfortunately for her.

I'm sure a lot of us scots will allow NICOLA STURGEON (aka jimmy cranky )to go down south and never return... all we hear is independence independence another referendum untill we get result we want.. even still says oil is the £ that will support us.. I'm not a Tory was always labour but now a days I can't see the difference between them they all wolves in sheep's clothing.

I'm sure a lot of us scots will allow NICOLA STURGEON (aka jimmy cranky )to go down south and never return... all we hear is independence independence another referendum untill we get result we want.. even still says oil is the £ that will support us.. I'm not a Tory was always labour but now a days I can't see the difference between them they all wolves in sheep's clothing.
You can keep her. wealready got1 loony in parliament.... diane abbrot.

bring back Maggie Thatcher. she'd show 'em.
LOL, the ice maiden, she wouldn't get your vote, the european dream was her dream, she would have hated brexit.

Reply to has anyone heard of STROMA in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net