Discuss has anyone heard of STROMA in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

yes i have but...... the inspection was done on 27th april. No EICR was produced then. A new consumer unit was installed on 21/5/21. I now have a satisfactory EICR dated 21/5/21 - but with no date written on the form for a future inspection (normally 5 years). There is no mention of a new consumer unit being installed on the EICR and i do not have a copy of the Domestic electrical installation certificate, nor a copy of the building control registration document.
If the EICR you have been given does not have a date for the next inspection, it is not complete and therefore not valid.

It looks like your landlord has circumvented the Private Rented Sector regulations in order to not have an Unsatisfactory report to deal with.
The correct procedure is to have an EICR done, which details all the findings of the inspector. If it's Unsatisfactory, the landlord has 28 days to put it right, and has to produce evidence to prove he has done so. It's not necessary to produce another EICR, just the evidence that shows the necessary remedial work has been done.

Having said that, the EICR you have been given, should at least give you some assurance that the installation is safe, and should say so in the comments.

Also, as someone else pointed out, the local planning portal should have a record of the consumer unit install for your address.

bear in mind that it could be a month before the building controll documentation is processed.

Reply to has anyone heard of STROMA in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock