Discuss Has anyone read the NICEIC guide to Earthing & Bonding? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Can anyone recommend The NICEIC book: Snags & Solutions Pt 1, Earthing & Bonding.
I need a book about Earthing & Bonding for a long journey and GN8 isn't out in time.
Any good?

Snags and Solutions - a Practical Guide to Everyday Electrical Problems: Earthing and Bonding Pt. 1: Updated to IEE Wiring Regulations 17th Edition, BS 7671: 2008 (Niceic): Amazon.co.uk: Electrical Safety Council, National Inspection Council for Elec

As a 'read' it's a bit poor as a lot of it is pictures with short descriptions.

I'd be a little wary of buying NICEIC books. I bought their Inspection and Testing book, and, although I thought it was a good book, when I was at a Training Centre, the Lecturer pointed out a number of errors in the book, some that could lose you marks in an exam. The ring final circuit testing in the book was one of the main errors IIRC.
I'd be sticking to the IEE/IET books, just get an old copy if you know a new version is coming out soon, as most of the content is still relevant.

Alan.

I'd be a little wary of buying NICEIC books. I bought their Inspection and Testing book, and, although I thought it was a good book, when I was at a Training Centre, the Lecturer pointed out a number of errors in the book, some that could lose you marks in an exam. The ring final circuit testing in the book was one of the main errors IIRC.
I'd be sticking to the IEE/IET books, just get an old copy if you know a new version is coming out soon, as most of the content is still relevant.

Alan.

Normally I'd agree but Guidance Note 8 was not even revised to 17th Edition, never mind Amendment 1 so some of the content is well out of date now.

It's expected in March 2012.

or you could download mein kampf onto kindle.

Reply to Has anyone read the NICEIC guide to Earthing & Bonding? in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net