Discuss Has anyone used Master Bender conduit bending app for iPhone? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

perswonally i find that a hilmor bender is easier to bend the conduit. don't think an iphone can stand the stress.

Just checked the link out a degree in Maths is an advantage.ill stick withmy hilmor.wouldnt fancy bending 4" conduit tho?ooof!

This is an American set-up, so don't use the conduit dimensions , they are very different to our metric sizes, or come to that, our old imperial sizes!! They have always used internal dimensions where we have always used the external dimensions of conduit.

Most of their bending machines are powered either electrically or hand hydraulically. They tend not to like doing anything by pure man power...lol!!

The program permits you to put your own tool in for bending. So it makes no difference whether
it is metric or American standard trade sizes. I have never seen a small practical electric bender for
small size conduit-it is usually bent by hand!!!

The program permits you to put your own tool in for bending. So it makes no difference whether
it is metric or American standard trade sizes. I have never seen a small practical electric bender for small size conduit-it is usually bent by hand!!![/QUOTE]

Well, your not in the USA are you!! lol!! ...They thread and bend virtually everything from 3/4'' upwards by machines...

Guaranteed there is not a decent spark in the country that needs that nonsense to bend a conduit. By the time you would work that lot out there wouldn't be alot of pipe installed.

Guaranteed there is not a decent spark in the country that needs that nonsense to bend a conduit. By the time you would work that lot out there wouldn't be alot of pipe installed.

Agreed, ...Take it from me, the Yank sparks wouldn't find that nonsense helpful either, and they use conduit containment far, far more than you do in the UK... ....It's like their T&E!! lol!!...

Just looked at the app store and they want £2.49 for the app. It's not even worth buying for entertainment purposes. :)

We might as well away with solid conduit and just install Kopex everywhere if this is how it is going, first MICC replaced by FP200 so may as well take the next step. Don't want these Electrical Trainee not knowing how to do a job properly would we?

I don't want to agree to much with everyone above,
but I do.
it seems a total waste of money.
if you learn to bend conduit, you know how to bend condiut

if you don't no App will teach you

The app wont teach how to bend conduit but it will make you faster and more accurate especially
for the more difficult bends. Make one mistake and you just wasted that pint of beer cost wise.

Reply to Has anyone used Master Bender conduit bending app for iPhone? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock