Discuss Having trouble with getting a JIB/ECS card in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Nitram

-
Reaction score
I have been working for one main contractor as a subbie for about 5 years (hoping to go on the payroll eventually) until they went bust last year. I got my 2360 pt 1 and 2 and 17th 1st ed. and try as I might I found progression impossible given my circumstances. I find myself in need of a JIB/ECS card to allow me to work on site nowadays and so have been trying to obtain one. I found the ECA site and found it probably the worst website ever to navigate through and after passing the farce they call an H&S test I attempted to apply for said card. I am told that a Brown Striped Experienced worker card is the one for me given my qualifications and paid for the card after nearly 2 months of pratting about on the unfriendly website trying to enter the info requested to allow processing. I have just had an email telling me that my certificates for 2360 pt 2 are not correct and should not include certificates for 'Units'. But the only certificates I got from C&G are exactly that .. Level 3 Unit Certificates in Installation, Commissioning and Fault Diagnosis, Assignments pt 2 and Practical tasks, Electrical Science and principles. I can't progress as I don't know of a certificate that proves or supports my application..... I am desparately trying to get a job and am stymied by confusion... can anyone offer me some clarity (or a job) I am at my wits end to be honest - thanks to those who have suggestions or can clarify my situation....

The 2360 certificates have "certificate" written on them below the C&G logo on top left. The unit certs (which you have) is a certificate but not the actual "certificate" if you see what I mean, you should have been issued with both.

You need the final certificate that has the red stripe, not blue.

Mine dont have any red or blue stripes o_O

Ok cheers - but the certificates I was sent by C&G upon completion of the 2360 exams didn't include one with the red stripe. Unless I lost it .... I passed so it would be available from C&G and problem is solved I guess - just got to wait 'til
OK that explains the ECS problem but not the certification issue - I haven't got one (red stripe) but I believe I have listed all the passed units required for the Pt2.
Is that correct?
I must have passed Pt2 to take the 17th so I guess it (the red stripe cert) has been mislaid and I will have to get a replacement from C&G. Thanks Zdb

The 2360 certificates have "certificate" written on them below the C&G logo on top left. The unit certs (which you have) is a certificate but not the actual "certificate" if you see what I mean, you should have been issued with both.
Nitram says (sorry messed up the post)
That is a trifle confusing as none of mine (even the ones for my part 1 and 17th which do have the red stripe ) have certificate written or any logo on the top left.... I think I have woken in an alternate universe. I can only assume the certs have been changed over the years and I am not going insane...

I think these are the type of certificates what you should be looking for, this is mine from 2001.

Good luck getting your JIB card, I'm going to apply for mine in the new year, so I'm sure I'll have issues too.
Im also self employed although I've been working on and off for the same company for the last 16 years. I wanted to get an approved card but speaking to an adviser im not sure i can, although i meet the requirements, they tell me I have to have had a gold card for at least 2 years first, and it doesn't matter what qualifications you have or your number of years experience.
To be honest it a bit of a pssss take as I believe grading cards should be on qualifications and experience, not how many years you have been in their club !
But they have us by the ghoulies.

Welcome to the forum !

Having trouble with getting a JIB/ECS card 20171224_081857 - EletriciansForums.net

You will need the nvq level 3 to successfully achieve an electricians grade from the jib.
That is the minimum accepted qualification.
Yes, the adviser also said this to me. Although looking at Nitram age, I thing he may still be able to apply if he can prove his experience, i think she said it was for those who qualified in 1998 or before, I cant be 100% sure though !
How easy that is going to be is anyone guess !

My experience of the JIB/ECS website was bad. The site asks you to choose what you want then tells you you are wrong but offers no suggestion as to why.... so you have to work out what it is you need by elimination... utter crap. I have been told by ECS that with my Quals and experience of 20 years or so that I can obtain this card so I got a previous employer to vouch for me and gave copies of my certs to the ECS . The card was in the paid for and processing stage when they told me the cert was the wrong one... so I guess the supporting evidence was suitable but not the (missing) C&G2360 Pt2 Pass cert.
From the very kind responses from you gents I have figured out that I do not have the correct cert at this time .. but I remember sitting the exam and receiving the pass. C&G charge £44 for replacements and you will be charged even if they can't find it, so I am seeking clarification of my having passed the exam in the first place. I seem to remember it is not possible to sit the 17th without first having passed 2360 Pt 1 & 2 (2005)ish.
I was broke when I started this process and am staggered at the difficulties I am going through to get this card I don't want at a cost of £96.

I will contact learner support (C&G) for clarification after christmas/new year.

Thankyou all and have a merry christmas...

It was the info printed on the reverse of the card that was not supported so being unable at present to find my cert I simply removed the Pt1 and Pt2 leaving the supported 17th. Card is approved and awaiting despatch. All I have to do now is find a job.....
Many thanks to those that posted advice and tried to help - THANKYOU

Reply to Having trouble with getting a JIB/ECS card in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock