Discuss Help with inverter for Motor home. in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi
I am buying a new Motor home, & want to do away with my generator.
I know that running an inverter draws a lot of power from a Leisure Battery.
I found this site that recommends connecting a pure sine wave Inverter to the Engine battery, rather than the leisure battery.
I only need to use it for short periods, when stationary, with engine running (240 volt Coffee peculator/Wife's Hair dryer).
Could some one check out this link please, & tell me if its worth doing, & if so , is it wired correctly (Most important).
If there is a better alternative, please let me know.

Kind regards :)

Hi I just had a look through the link and can't see anything too worrying, I think the reason he is using the primary battery for the inverter is due to its load as he says the alternator is directly connected to it and the split charge unit supplying the leisure battery will most likely not be big enough to take that high current, also has auto cut off so shouldn't get in the situation where it's flattened the primary too much to crank the engine over ( he says fingers crossed)
Sy

Hi - just a thought - if a hair dryer is used, it may well draw 100A or more at 12V and the battery won't like that for very long. That is the joy of a generator :)

Reply to Help with inverter for Motor home. in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, So I purchased a Novopal 2000w/4000w(Peak) Pure Sine Wave Inverter DC 12V to 110V/120V. I purchased this so I can hook it up directly to...
Replies
Views
So I'm looking to connect my car's battery directly to a Pure Sine Wave 2000w power inverter So I can use it on job sites etc to power a microwave...
Replies
Views
I used 12v dc from a 13 plate car battery to power a 12v dianamo dc motor and brought in an alternator to change the battery using the rotation of...
Replies
Views
I am a retired Electrician and started looking at Solar Power, (Black Magic to me), after much reading of "How To", I decided to build myself a...
Replies
Views
I have built a campervan and am keen to avoid propane - preferring to use an induction hob. But it is giving me some issues. I have 610w of...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock