Discuss Help with reading site plans for wiring regs in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi All,
I am hoping to that someone might be able to point me in the direction of a suitable resource that will help me interpret the details of site electrical plan that will allow me to get the necessary details that I can use for cable calculations.

I came across this issue when I was asked for help in completing a C & G 2357 assignment. Whilst I'm OK with cable calculations per se, I've never had to do this from a site plan. It may be that the only way I can do this is by doing a C & G 2357 course, but I don't want to go that route.

What I need is perhaps just some tips or some publication that may enlighten me.

For example, I need the lengths of cables and I have assumed that I can measure these on the plan and use the plan scale to do this.

Thanks in advance

Jonel

What is the unit of the 2357 this plan is off? As from what i remember from my 2357 is the design units was basically a blank plan of the building and stated dimensions like height and lengh of the building and also stated what the supply characteristics was and where it was located and you basically design the rest from containment to cables and so on so yes you basically get a scale ruler (there should be a scale on the plan somewhere) then you measure it all and design your cables from there including the containment so dont forget the grouping factors and stuff in if in trunking and also as stated above dont forget the drops to sockets and switches and also the drops down to the distribution board.
Have a go at it and post up a pic of what you have chose and your calculations and we can advise if you are right or wrong.

measure up from plan add 50%to all cable runs. then do the calcs.

Reply to Help with reading site plans for wiring regs in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net