Discuss Hit a brick wall with resetting Bosch Washing machine classixx 1200 express. After changing brushes. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

MAJ

-
Reaction score
hi, I qualified as a sparks in 2008 and after doing many maintenance contracts mainly with the NHS, I only have time to do private jobs and my own. It’s currentely my own that I’m in a tiswas with. I just changed my brushes on my Bosch machine WAE 24162uk/08. They were worn right down to the end. Machine made a little grindin noise through last wash it did. Next day. She’s not having it. Researched Bosch and ransomspares. Bought compatible brushes. Cleaned the motor and surrounding area of all loose carbon. Put brushes back in. Turned it. All good. Replaced the motor, belt plugs Earth etc. Screwed back in. And switched on. 1 thing. She paused for a moment then went back to motor fault flashing lights 1,3 & 5. Like she was waiting or expecting me to do something first before telling her to go into programme. Did a bit of trouble shooting with a fellow nhs colleague over the fone. There is definitely nothing wrong with the motor. No burning, never any sparking or anything wrong with spinning or programming. To indicate pending fault to enlarge with later problem. Did a bit more searching & I then find out that they need to be reset. However, can not locate reset technique for my model. I have touch sensor buttons and a dial. No numbers, no spin button to push in and hold, just lights. And to top it all, when I spoke to bosch today, firstly they told
Me that none of their machines have resets. Which is a lie. And secondly they said they could send an engineer out, which would cost me £95!!!! Not on my watch. Yes I am
Elbow deep in hand washing. But I know there is an answer that is not going to cost me £95. So I’m campaigning to all fellow sparkys. Please does anyone have an answer as to how I can reset my bosch. I’m about to take the top off and see if there is a reset button. All answers greatly received. I’ve been hand washing for the past two weeks. My hands are shiny with wringing. I don’t know how they did it back in their day. I shall say thank you In advance to my fellow power community.

It’s a Bosch Classixx 1200 express. Ive seen this post already. It’s not my model. I did make a point that I have sensor buttons. No push buttons. No speed button. And no digital display. Thanks anyway.

Welcome, how are you getting on?

Not very good. Still have resolve. Took the lid off and no joy. Found out they duplicated the exact
Model under a different number. As of yet haven’t posted anything re my discovery. Only had one answer to my previous thread. Feeling a bit miffed. But thanks for asking.

What I have read is some Bosch motors may have a build in thermal cut out that can't be reset manually,maybe it has stayed open, straw clutching :(

Reply to Hit a brick wall with resetting Bosch Washing machine classixx 1200 express. After changing brushes. in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net