Discuss Home alarm first fix wire requirements in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all,

I currently have a Pyronix Enforcer V10 Wireless alarm system. I have some shock/contacts on windows, doors, PIRs, and an external siren. It's fine for now, and the batteries last ages. The main complaint is a terrible external PIR which is disabled due to endless false alarms.

I'm going to be doing some DIY cable pulling soon and want to also futureproof the alarm somewhat by first-fixing alarm cables so that we can upgrade with ease in the future.

My vague ultimate plan is to eventually upgrade to a wired texecom unit or similar so I can use the inputs for home automation using something like this HomeAssistant plugin.

Requirements:
1. Support present/future wired alarms
2. Simplify future extendability e.g. by leaving some conduit or wiring at back of house to allow for adding more stuff if we ever do a rear extension etc.
3. Support a decent wired rear perimeter 'laser beam' thing, similar to this.

Questions:
1. What kind of cable should I run for the various shock/contact/pir/outdoor 'beam' locations?
2. How should I future proof in terms of alarm technologies and home renovations?
3. Aside from the aforementioned components/locations, are there any other functions/capabilities I should consider wiring for?

Thank you!

TL;DR
How should I first-fix my home alarm wiring to best future proof it from a technology/renovation pov?

Reply to Home alarm first fix wire requirements in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I purchased a house that has a really cool 12v halogen setup where two wires are suspended across the ceiling in two different locations, and each...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I'm looking to do some cable runs for cat6 etc in my house and was looking for some advice on blind wiring. I'm not skilled but I...
Replies
Views
This isn't really an electrical issue as such but I know you guys are pretty tech savvy and familiar with all the latest and greatest...
Replies
Views
(Trying again, as picture didn't post first time) Hi, I'd be very grateful if anyone could help me here. Below, I've pasted a sketch showing how...
Replies
Views
We have started a business building garden rooms/caravans/mobile homes under the caravan act. We have only done one so far and I got an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock