Discuss Honeywell Accenta G4 Remote Keypad problem in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

TheCodboy

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all, just powered up a G4 Accenta and I'm having trouble with the remote keypad. The red and green indicator led's are lighting up,but thats it. Nothing on the lcd display,no backlighting and no response to putting default code (0123) in. This is a brand new system,straight out the box. I've disconnected All the pir's,external sounder etc,replaced all links back into the relevant places (basically took it back to how i unboxed it). the only thing i left connected was the RKP, and still the same. I've checked all the fuses too. Anyone have any ideas??

Have you checked the continuity of the wires going to the keypad?

I have the same problem, the G4 Accenta alarm installed 5 years ago, one day the remote keypad LCD gone dark, both red and green light on, no respond when input the code, I thought may be the keypad issue, bought a brand new keypad, replace it and still the same. Any ideal why and how to sort out the issue or I have to replace the whole system? Please help.

I have the same problem, the G4 Accenta alarm installed 5 years ago, one day the remote keypad LCD gone dark, both red and green light on, no respond when input the code, I thought may be the keypad issue, bought a brand new keypad, replace it and still the same. Any ideal why and how to sort out the issue or I have to replace the whole system? Please help.

Have you tried the suggestions above, as in checking the cable?

oh... and welcome to the forum..

Thank you for suggest Spoon, the I have not check the cable, but the alarm was working for over 4 years, the issue only happened few months ago, so I assume nothing to do with the cable?

I would remove the keypad and connect on a short length of wire straight to panel. This proves 100% its not the cable to the keypad.

Incidentally, I had a problem with stars showing on the display with an install of mine with one of these panels after a loss of supply to panel that was not noticed, which flattened the panel battery leaving the bell making a strange duck sound!
I restored the power and stars showed on the keypad and didn't work. left battery to charge for 5 mins, disconnected battery and mains for 2 mins then restored power, mains first. This fixed the keypad.

I have a similar issue with the RKP, it stopped working and the power indicator was out. Measured the voltage on the RKP power terminals and showed 12 volts. Figured RKP was at fault (10 years old) replaced with a new RKP - same fault. RKP has power on it's circuit board terminals - no power indicator light on the RKP and does not function(numbers are backlit OK). Not sure what to try next - appreciate any help?

Reply to Honeywell Accenta G4 Remote Keypad problem in the Security Alarms, Door Entry and CCTV (Public) area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock