Discuss Hospital Emergency Power System in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Your profile says you have changed flashlight batteries and lamps indicating you are not an electrician. At the same time

Which suggests you know more than your profile is showing. I only ask as it is helpful to know your knowledge level to pitch the answer accordingly. As you have asked about a highly technical subject matter.

I've learned about them, but now want to learn about the UK.

Pitch without a filter, speak your mind. Its the easiest for all of us.

And if you ask me its not all that highly technical. Get into epigenetics or quantum mechanics and that it really becomes esoteric.

BS7671 is the general regulations that cover UK installs, but there will be more specific British standards to follow.

Yup- and thats another reason I'm asking. Maybe I'm oblivious, but I haven't seen anything in BS7671 that governs hospital emergency systems. Where as the NEC on the other hand have an in depth article.

I've learned about them, but now want to learn about the UK.

Pitch without a filter, speak your mind. Its the easiest for all of us.

And if you ask me its not all that highly technical. Get into epigenetics or quantum mechanics and that it really becomes esoteric.
All these long words are doing my head in ,please speak down to earth English

There is some mention of hospitals in BS7671 in timing of generators switchover and earthing systems peculiar to hospitals.
And of course there is still the matter of why you want to know and your technical level not apparent on your profile.
"Pitch without a filter, speak your mind. Its the easiest for all of us."
What's sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander! Tell us about yourself a little.

Last edited by a moderator:
Returning the favor, here is one NEC examples;

Page 8 and 9

I can explain the design further.

I have another, but can't post links because it says its spam. Really hate AI, its ruining so much.

Attachments

• Hot Springs One Lines.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
but what do they mean by "risk grade"?

The level of Risk of an electrical supply failure causing harm to Patients and or the Business.

Example,
Loss of power to Car park lighing .

Risk Grade 4. Consequences, low risk of trips and slips.

Loss of power to Operating theatre.

Risk Grade 1. Consequences, high risk of loss of Patient life.

And one question- I can legally supply backup power for the whole site via one ATS?
It's not law that would cover it, it would be Health Service Policy.

Hospitals would always have mulitple backups.
I doubt Health Service Policy would allow a single local source as backup.

The National Health Service Hospital close to where I live has multiple supplies from the local Grid.
Run a 4.9mw gas turbine driven Combined Heat and power generator 24/7 and export when over producing.

Probably have other localised backups as well.

Reply to Hospital Emergency Power System in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock