Discuss How to get my ambient surround to work? in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi, I have a Ford Fiesta mk8. I brought some ambient surrounds 3 for my car expecting they may work as on the website it states it only works on the st fiesta. I wired the positive and negative direct to the battery as stated, I then wired the indicator cable to the right and left indicators and a drl cable to the back of one headlight. I tried them with the engine off and they worked great. I started the engine and the sequential indicators don’t work they glitch out with different colours and just don’t work. However the drl comes on fine. With the engine off the battery voltage is 12.6 and with the engine on it is 14.7. From what I can figure out the voltage of indicator is 11.3 with engine on or off. I tried to put a resistor in which was a 3ohm 50w 5A resistor and they still don’t work but they work a bit better. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance

Reply to How to get my ambient surround to work? in the Auto Electrician Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

The symptoms its been having to start with was the fuel gage only working sometimes and when i play music from my phone when a loud song came on...
Replies
Views
B
Prefix - I've tried to post this in automotive, but it would not let me. This may be because I have not been recently active. Apologies if this is...
Replies
Views
P
Hello electrical sparkly people! Can anyone tell me I can charge two 12V leisure batteries from my starter battery? The leisure batteries are...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock