Discuss How to wire Programmable Room Thermostat to Heating System without Zone Valves ? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

"Hello alarm man",

When I wrote My VERY Long Original Post describing My present circumstances I mentioned that since I Injured my Back the Electrician that used to wire up My Heating Systems went Traveling Abroad.

The exact circumstances of the Electrician who did all of the wiring of My Systems during a period of about the last 5 Years is that nearly All of My Work used to come from One Small Building Contractor - He did Only refurbishments of existing Buildings - primarily Flats - and Worked almost exclusively for a very Large Housing Association / Property Management Agents.

Because of the requirement for ALL Electrical Systems / Work carried out to be Tested and Certified to the Client - EVERYTHING Electrical that was Installed / Altered / Existing & Tested had to be Certified by the SAME Electrical Contractor / Electrician Including the Electrical Work on My Heating Systems - Which as most of the Properties were Flats were of the Combination Boiler type.

This ONE Contractor / Electrician Certification on each Contract was stipulated by the Client.

The Builder - who was a Life Long Friend of mine Died of Cancer - Because He was in Total Control of his Company - Basically a Gang of 8 Tradesmen When He died the Company was Finished - No-One else had the Business Acumen and all round Building Regulations Knowledge to carry on running the Company - It was not a Saleable Business and My Friends Wife wanted nothing to do with the Company after His Death.

The Electrician had to go and Work for a Company - But He still found time to Wire Up My Heating Systems.

A short while after I injured My Back the Electrician decided to go Traveling Abroad - He is a Young Man and wanted to see more of the World.

As He was the Electrician who did MY System Wiring for about 5 Years I do not have anyone to `Call On` to help Me with this.

Sorry that this is Very Long Winded - But in order to Reply to Your comment I had to explain the circumstances.

Thanks for your Interest.

Chris

"Hello alarm man",

When I wrote My VERY Long Original Post describing My present circumstances I mentioned that since I Injured my Back the Electrician that used to wire up My Heating Systems went Traveling Abroad.

The exact circumstances of the Electrician who did all of the wiring of My Systems during a period of about the last 5 Years is that nearly All of My Work used to come from One Small Building Contractor - He did Only refurbishments of existing Buildings - primarily Flats - and Worked almost exclusively for a very Large Housing Association / Property Management Agents.

Because of the requirement for ALL Electrical Systems / Work carried out to be Tested and Certified to the Client - EVERYTHING Electrical that was Installed / Altered / Existing & Tested had to be Certified by the SAME Electrical Contractor / Electrician Including the Electrical Work on My Heating Systems - Which as most of the Properties were Flats were of the Combination Boiler type.

This ONE Contractor / Electrician Certification on each Contract was stipulated by the Client.

The Builder - who was a Life Long Friend of mine Died of Cancer - Because He was in Total Control of his Company - Basically a Gang of 8 Tradesmen When He died the Company was Finished - No-One else had the Business Acumen and all round Building Regulations Knowledge to carry on running the Company - It was not a Saleable Business and My Friends Wife wanted nothing to do with the Company after His Death.

The Electrician had to go and Work for a Company - But He still found time to Wire Up My Heating Systems.

A short while after I injured My Back the Electrician decided to go Traveling Abroad - He is a Young Man and wanted to see more of the World.

As He was the Electrician who did MY System Wiring for about 5 Years I do not have anyone to `Call On` to help Me with this.

Sorry that this is Very Long Winded - But in order to Reply to Your comment I had to explain the circumstances.

Thanks for your Interest.

Chris

man you have bad luck.i cant help.but if you ever need a bank account to send some money too,im ya man..i dont care if its from nigeria either,im cool..

"Hello alarm man",

I am still getting the Feeling that You don`t believe what I am Writing about My Circumstances ??

It is something to do with your mention of Nigeria / Bank Account etc - Where one of the Frauds originate regarding asking People for Their Bank Account Details - The requests being Totally Untrustworthy.

This and the comment about Your Daughter being a Better Liar - Words to that effect.

Am I Wrong about what I am `Sensing` about Your comments ??

Chris

"Hello alarm man",

I am still getting the Feeling that You don`t believe what I am Writing about My Circumstances ??

It is something to do with your mention of Nigeria / Bank Account etc - Where one of the Frauds originate regarding asking People for Their Bank Account Details - The requests being Totally Untrustworthy.

This and the comment about Your Daughter being a Better Liar - Words to that effect.

Am I Wrong about what I am `Sensing` about Your comments ??

Chris

aye youre a chancer,id guess your not a heating engineer,your not disabled,but you have taken on a job you cant do,if im wrong i'll show my --- in fenwicks window..

alarm man - No-One would EVER want to Wire Up a Programmable Room Thermostat in the way that I have asked about - Unless they had the same circumstances with the System not having any Zone Valves - It is because this method is so unusual that I have had to Ask for Electrical Expert Advice.

I am a Plumbing - Heating and Gas Installer - Qualified and Registered where appropriate - Gas Safe and CORGI Competent Persons Defined Scope - Electrics for Heating Systems etc.

EVERYTHING that I Wrote is the TRUTH !

I would like to know what caused You to read my explanation of circumstances and DECIDE what You have stated about Me ? - WHY did You decide that it is not Truthful ? - Are You not aware that People can have `Disasters` in their lives ?? - I have had one regarding My Back Injury - Which by the way I may NEVER recover from !

When People have NO Alternative they sometimes Ask for Help / Information on a Forum.

Do You imagine that I would Humiliate Myself in Writing by explaining All that I wrote - And that it is not factual / True ?

So much for the `Banter` on here.

Chris

"Hello All",

I thought that You should know this - alarm man WAS directing His comment at Me [`10 Year old Daughter tells better Lies`] - He has Abused Me on the Other `Thread` - regarding the Wiring of the Programmable Room Thermostat - Calling Me a `Chancer` and stating that I am NOT a Heating Engineer and that I am NOT `Disabled` - and that I have probably taken on a Job that I could not handle.

ALL of this has been DECIDED by this Person after reading what I Wrote about My Circumstances - which I Wrote to Explain WHY I Needed Help.

I felt that I had to explain WHY My Heating System had to be Re-Piped as I had to do - I.E. without the Zone Valves - I had to explain WHY I could NOT carry out a COMPLETE Pipework configuration of the Zone Valves - Pump etc. - I could NOT do this because of My SEVERE Back Injury.

I explained that I was Trained and Registered for Wiring related to Heating Systems under the CORGI Defined Scope Scheme in order that the Electrical Professionals on here would feel that they WERE able to give Me advice on My Enquiry and that I was NOT a `DIYer` - As quite correctly People who have NOT received ANY Training and are NOT Registered to carry out Electrical Work should NOT be doing so - with the exception of changing Light Fittings - Switches - Socket Outlets etc.

Although I know that one will always come across People like `alarm man` on Forums I am VERY Surprised to note that He is a `Long Standing Member` - I wonder what other INSULTS He has written to others on here ?

Does He read Peoples Posts / Requests for Help and formulate a Fantasy Opinion of them from what they Write ? - In MY case Disbelieving EVERYTHING that I Wrote ! - And then ABUSING Me !

I thought that the Gentlemen on here should be told about His RIDICULOUS - INSULTING Comments.

"Thank You very much again topquark" - For Your Help with My Enquiry - I really appreciate Your Time and Expertise while corresponding with Me.

Chris

"Hello All",

I thought that You should know this - alarm man WAS directing His comment at Me [`10 Year old Daughter tells better Lies`] - He has Abused Me on the Other `Thread` - regarding the Wiring of the Programmable Room Thermostat - Calling Me a `Chancer` and stating that I am NOT a Heating Engineer and that I am NOT `Disabled` - and that I have probably taken on a Job that I could not handle.

ALL of this has been DECIDED by this Person after reading what I Wrote about My Circumstances - which I Wrote to Explain WHY I Needed Help.

I felt that I had to explain WHY My Heating System had to be Re-Piped as I had to do - I.E. without the Zone Valves - I had to explain WHY I could NOT carry out a COMPLETE Pipework configuration of the Zone Valves - Pump etc. - I could NOT do this because of My SEVERE Back Injury.

I explained that I was Trained and Registered for Wiring related to Heating Systems under the CORGI Defined Scope Scheme in order that the Electrical Professionals on here would feel that they WERE able to give Me advice on My Enquiry and that I was NOT a `DIYer` - As quite correctly People who have NOT received ANY Training and are NOT Registered to carry out Electrical Work should NOT be doing so - with the exception of changing Light Fittings - Switches - Socket Outlets etc.

Although I know that one will always come across People like `alarm man` on Forums I am VERY Surprised to note that He is a `Long Standing Member` - I wonder what other INSULTS He has written to others on here ?

Does He read Peoples Posts / Requests for Help and formulate a Fantasy Opinion of them from what they Write ? - In MY case Disbelieving EVERYTHING that I Wrote ! - And then ABUSING Me !

I thought that the Gentlemen on here should be told about His RIDICULOUS - INSULTING Comments.

"Thank You very much again topquark" - For Your Help with My Enquiry - I really appreciate Your Time and Expertise while corresponding with Me.

Chris

abuse?..that wasnt abuse,it was an opinion ...my therapist would agree it wasnt abuse..

I Type these Posts lying down on My Bed - As I CANNOT Sit Down - I do NOT put Myself into the position of getting Dressed when I don`t have to - as I COULD `Hurt Myself` BADLY while Dressing.

At present I am HAVING TO Lay Down Day & Night - Lying Down 24 Hours a Day.

My Posts ARE Long - I try to give as much Detail as I feel is necessary - Brief Posts often cause there to be more Questions about exactly what is meant - I TRY to Explain All Aspects of what I am Enquiring about and WHY.

Chris

Last edited:

Reply to How to wire Programmable Room Thermostat to Heating System without Zone Valves ? in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net