Discuss i am thinking about starting an electrician course in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Lol you don't even need to be a spark to do PAT 2377!, when I worked at tech we were letting the better 2330 lev 2 students do it!

Exactly!! It is not worth a carrot, ...and should never have been classed a level 3 qualification!!
It's just another money making farce for the C&G institution...

To sign off someone else's work I believe

EDIT:- Not sure where I heard that I'm afraid!

No engineer54 it changes from April 2013 you need a level 3 qual and the 17th regs course. I was joking about becoming a plumber lol - electrical theory is actually really interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
No engineer54 it changes from April 2013 you need a level 3 qual and the 17th regs course. I was joking about becoming a plumber lol - electrical theory is actually really interesting.
you needed the 17th edition anyway,....so nowts changed there then.....oh, and the `nvq` for acceptance onto a scam is dumbed down for DIs.....its level 2.....

C&G 2330 level 2
C&G 2330 level 3...finish this year.
C&G 2382 17th edition 3 years ago
C&G 2392...3 years ago
C&G 2391...1 year ago
C&G 2377-11....1 year ago
C&G 2377-12....1 year ago
emergency first aider....3 years ago
CSCS card....3 years ago
elecsa registered ...1 year ago..
NVQ3....about 2 thirds done...

Got my Gold card over a year ago, so you work it out.

Look Glenn, I'm not knocking you. You appear to be very knowledgeable. I made a light-hearted comment about your enthusiastic use of unnecessary punctuation (which is true) and you have replied with unsubstantiated assertions about my input (which I believe to be not true).

(and put the full stops.............. down!)

Your talking about what is the unknown as yet, expect plenty of swerving curb balls and ducking and diving by these scam providers...lol!! Even if what you say is totally correct, it's years too late, there must be thousands upon thousands of unqualified and inexperienced fast track scam registered wanna-be electricians out there, working on electrical installations in unsuspecting peoples homes!!!

anyway.....thats the long n short of it.....
i never said i had my level three finished......but i am finding it straighforward....
my 2391..i got towards the end of my 1st year at college....
my 2382 i got before i started college....it was at that point that i decided that if i wanted to persue a career in the electrical field....then it had to be done in the correct manner......thats why i chose to get myself to college and enrol on the 2330.......and i will maintain that it was the right and correct thing to do and would also encourage anyone wishing to get into the electrical trade that this is the way to go...not and i repeat not the `become an electrician in 6 weeks` avenue....
further more i only give advice on stuff i know about and refuse to hand out advice that could be misleading and/or otherwise dangerous to the recipient of such advices.....
as for where do i go after i have finished college.....who knows?...
i may decide to go further ..or i may decide to carry on doing what i`m currently doing (ECRs, install etc)
we`ll see..

anyway.....thats the long n short of it.....
i never said i had my level three finished......but i am finding it straighforward....
my 2391..i got towards the end of my 1st year at college....
my 2382 i got before i started college....it was at that point that i decided that if i wanted to persue a career in the electrical field....then it had to be done in the correct manner......thats why i chose to get myself to college and enrol on the 2330.......and i will maintain that it was the right and correct thing to do and would also encourage anyone wishing to get into the electrical trade that this is the way to go...not and i repeat not the `become an electrician in 6 weeks` avenue....
further more i only give advice on stuff i know about and refuse to hand out advice that could be misleading and/or otherwise dangerous to the recipient of such advices.....
as for where do i go after i have finished college.....who knows?...
i may decide to go further ..or i may decide to carry on doing what i`m currently doing (ECRs, install etc)
we`ll see..

I did it pretty much the same way. I started the 2330 course and thought I would be a fully qualified sparks when I finished. How wrong was I!!lol.
I worked for few firms whilst at college to gain the practical experiance but because of my age, I couldnt go down the apprenticeship route. After I completed my 2330 lvl 3, I did the 2382 and the 2391 and still, I was not fully qualified.

I was then fortunate enough, through word of mouth, to be offered a bit of subby work for a firm. It was a mixture of industrial, commercial and domestic. So I decided to do my NVQ 2356, whilst I had the chance. Anyway, I completed my NVQ and I now have my JIB gold card. In another 2 years, I will have my approved status but even with all this, I still feel like Im only scratching the surface in this industry and I probably always will!!!! lol

I was offered a bit of work as a plumber not so long back by my cousin who is a gas engineer. All i would need to do is the NVQ 2 in plumbing, which is a year or two part time at college. And do you know what, Im actually considering it!! If I can do this electrical thingy, I should have no probs doing the plumber stuff!!!!lol

Might look into joinery after that....!!!!lol

Jay

Reply to i am thinking about starting an electrician course in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net