Discuss Inductive Phone Charging in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

heres something which is interesting and what we can talk about, read it on a website today.

"Singapore smartphone company, MWg, has reportedly announced that later this year it will be launching handsets which do not require cables to charge up. Using inductive charging, the devices need only be placed next to the charging device for a period of time, and the battery power inside the phone will be replenished.

This method of charging completely eliminates the need for cables.

Inductive charging uses electromagnetic induction to transfer energy between two devices. The charger station uses a coil of insulated copper wire to create an electromagnetic field with alternating polarity. A similar coil inside the portable device converts power from that electromagnetic field back into electrical current which charges the device's battery.

Examples of inductive charging can already be found in many electric toothbrushes and wireless headphones."

how far will this technology go in years to come?

Aico Carbon Monoxide Detectors
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
W

wayne

radio waves !!!! ha never catch on ,what next pictures
tessla used to have a magnetic loop in his lab and it was used to power lamps bit like a flourescent under a pylon

R

rumrunner

Hi,
indead Tesla had it all worked out for power transmission without wires ,westinghouse hold the patents ,which you can find on line ,the copper producers and cable manufacterurs scupperd him ,i wonder why? crabtree have a domestic wireless system in development at present,so i suppose electricians will be trashed in the end
atvbitwww

B

Bane

wireless electricity. Already a possibility apparently
Can't remember where I read something along those lines too cirrus.
Looks like I'll have to look into AC with you Luke!!!

ELECTRICIANS ARE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMED!!!

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to Inductive Phone Charging in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Test Meter - Forum Sponsors since 2007!
Top Bottom