Discuss Info required on recent EICR Certificates, don't look right in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Afternoon,
I have just had EICR tests done on two of my rental properties, with another two properties still to be tested.

The electrician has sent me ( e-mailed ) the two certificates for the completed jobs .

Is e-mail acceptable or should I get paper copies ?

All pages of the report have 'DRAFT' imprinted diagonally across the pages
Surely this is incorrect ?
I need to send copies to my Tenants but I am sure they would not accept documents
marked as 'DRAFT'

There is also no serial number on the certificates, just a series of asterisks ?
should each certificate not have a unique number ?

There is nothing on the Certificates to indicate that these forms are NAPIT
or indeed anything to indicate that the Electrician is a NAPIT member ?
is this acceptable ?

many thanks

Afternoon,
I have just had EICR tests done on two of my rental properties, with another two properties still to be tested.

The electrician has sent me ( e-mailed ) the two certificates for the completed jobs .

Is e-mail acceptable or should I get paper copies ?

All pages of the report have 'DRAFT' imprinted diagonally across the pages
Surely this is incorrect ?
I need to send copies to my Tenants but I am sure they would not accept documents
marked as 'DRAFT'

There is also no serial number on the certificates, just a series of asterisks ?
should each certificate not have a unique number ?

There is nothing on the Certificates to indicate that these forms are NAPIT
or indeed anything to indicate that the Electrician is a NAPIT member ?
is this acceptable ?

many thanks

Maybe he is waiting until full payment is received to send the final certs? Have you put your questions to him?

Hi, yeah sorry should have said . These have both been paid in full.

Just need a bit of info before I contact him.

Did the electrician claim to be NAPIT registered? You definitely need proper certs, ie. not marked draft and with proper serial numbers for audit purposes.

Did the electrician claim to be NAPIT registered? You definitely need proper certs, ie. not marked draft and with proper serial numbers for audit purposes.
Thanks, I looked on the
thanks, I picked the electrician from the electricalcompetentperson website which shows his company as NAPIT registered ?
I will ask for proper certs without the DRAFT and with serial numbers.

In my terms and conditions we state that we only issue non-draft certificates when payment has been recieved.
I require clients to accept T&C's prior to working for them

(this does not apply to regualr clients etc)
A friend got stitched up when he did a really detailed quote etc. The client did not have the work done but changed it to a receipt .Which cropped up in a Tax inspection.;.

There is no requirement for an EICR to have a serial number. Whilst schemes and other report formats have them the suggested format in BS7671 does not show a serial number.
If however the format shows a serial number then it should be included.
This

My old original PIR sheets were just photo copies of a generic sheet which my old training college gave us , I used these for years and years without a serial number

Now everything has gone digital I guess it makes sense to use serial numbers as its easier to look something up

Thanks, I looked on the

thanks, I picked the electrician from the electricalcompetentperson website which shows his company as NAPIT registered ?
I will ask for proper certs without the DRAFT and with serial numbers.
Some certificates have a space where the person has signed the report to include a scheme registration number, although as already stated this is not required.

The main issue is that it can be traced back to the person who issued the report.

The draft feature is likely just that they exported the wrong pdf from the software. It doesn't exactly reflect well on the ability of the person sending them to proof read though. (This may not be the person who did the report if it's a multi man company)

Is there anything on the reports that makes you doubt their quality otherwise? If so, you can redact the company details and post them here and we can quickly tell if there is anything that looks wrong.

If the certificate was marked as draft, Simpley ask the electrician to send you the formal document.
if you have paid the bill, their should not be any issue with them sending you the formal document.

Reply to Info required on recent EICR Certificates, don't look right in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net