SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss installation advice very old property in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:  American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi All,
I need some advice........please don’t rip me to bits!!!.
I’m a newly qualified domestic installer, been in the electrical game for 30 years as an appliance engineer so have some background knowledge.
I want to register with one of the schemes, probably nic or Stroma however, I haven’t done any notifiable jobs yet so my plan is, as I’ve just moved house, as the CU is seriously out of date, I’ll fit a new board and use that as my assessment job.
This is where I’m struggling, my “house” is a 300 year old stone cottage, bare stone wall, exposed beam ceilings etc. All cabling is clipped direct and exposed.....no trunking due to the rough nature of the walls. No RCD protection, no bonding.......the list goes on!!! My plan is to update what I can....reasonably I.e. adding bonding, new board, RCD protection to all circuits, I’m just concerned that the rest of the wiring is so out of date(old colours, premature collapse etc) that there is no way I’ll get passed? Any advice or opinions gratefully received!!!

SuperlecDirect - ElectriciansForums.net Electrical Suppliers
T

The Ghost

You must be logged in to see the message.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Midwest

-
Arms
Esteemed

Matthewd29

-
Arms
Esteemed

uHeat Banner - Forum Discount Available

Reply to installation advice very old property in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

CK Tools :) The professionals choice when it comes to Electrical Tools
Top Bottom